Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Flop call too loose?

No raise preflop makes AK less likely. Agains AK u need runner runner for the full house. The K is probably not an out since someone probably has an A. 8c may give someone a flush, a 9 may give someone a straight and if you hit a T there are redraws to the straight and the flush. Two bets cold is too much, but call if it is only one bet to you. But be very careful, you may still loose if you hit your "outs". I avoid situations like this when everything is so uncertain.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm probably the loosest player here and I fold that flop for ONE bet with that many players in the hand.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably the loosest player here and I fold that flop for ONE bet with that many players in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has got to be too tight.

You'd be getting 11-1.

The 3 non-club eights are probably clean and so are the two tens. The redraws will lower the number of outs but even if I only have 3 full outs a call would still be ok.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:03 PM

I fold this preflop, but if I'm in there for some reason I'll raise it on the flop, see how many raises come back to me and then re-evaluate. With this kind of hand I like to find out about where I am as early as possible.

-jake.
"Just my thoughts. Just what I was feeling at the time."
Old 04-14-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That has got to be too tight.

You'd be getting 11-1.

The 3 non-club eights are probably clean and so are the two tens. The redraws will lower the number of outs but even if I only have 3 full outs a call would still be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 7 players I would feel an 8 only gives me a split. Someone almost HAS to have a flush draw so 1/3 of the time my T outs aren't any good either. Not to mention someone may already have a K or Ace high straight. I play a lot on really loose tables and this is an auto fold for me.