Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Cashouts negatively affecting rakeback?!?

[ QUOTE ]
I have read the emails, and they are from empire. The typos could easily be from the rep not speaking english as his first language, they are most likely based out of gibraltar or somewhere like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the email, you will see that it says "chargeback" not cashout.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is his post that gives quotes from empire emails he has received. Post

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge difference between cashout and chargeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

A charge back on a CC (credit card) means that one of his players made a credit card deposit and then either refused to pay the credit card charges or the card was stolen. Either way, Empire gave this person money that they didnt get back.

The affiliate loses 20% of that money just like they would get 20% of any profit EMpire makes on that player. This has nothing to do with cashouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, this makes much more sense. I'll have to contact the player and see what his story is.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:12 PM

Thank you for your replies, sounds like someone hacked into the players account and did all of this. He hasn't logged into his account since january, and never put his credit card information on empire. He's taking it up with empire and hopefully they'll pursue whoever did this and charge them with fraud. This makes me a bit weary of the internet sites.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your replies, sounds like someone hacked into the players account and did all of this. He hasn't logged into his account since january, and never put his credit card information on empire. He's taking it up with empire and hopefully they'll pursue whoever did this and charge them with fraud. This makes me a bit weary of the internet sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... so is "your friend" the affiliate? or you? Why are you checking into the player?
Old 09-05-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your "friend" is lying to you. Read the "email" he "received" from Empire and note the unprofessionalism and typo(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Gamesgrid deducts Neteller fees from their MGR calculations. Maybe Empire is the same?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have read the emails, and they are from empire. The typos could easily be from the rep not speaking english as his first language, they are most likely based out of gibraltar or somewhere like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm detector is broken. If the email hadn't had typos and had been written well, then we would have known it was a fake. But, don't panic, a chargeback is completely different than a cashout, as explained previously in this thread. If you play under your friend you wills till generate rake for him to make money off of, irrespective of any cashouts you make.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... so is "your friend" the affiliate? or you? Why are you checking into the player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am friends with both the affiliate and the player. They don't know eachother and I'm trying to help resolve the issue. It sounds like it's a case of fraud, and has nothing to do with Empire rakeback program.
Closed Thread