Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 02:24 PM

Default WOW THERE GOES SUNSHINE\'S INTEGRETY

Unreal how some people would do such a thing. You should be ashamed of yourself sunshine. Unreal how you try and make yourself look like the good guy when all you were trying to do was make yourself feel and look better in light of your prior activities. Many people were trusting your word about this until now. Maybe you should seek a new line of work?

E-O-M
Old 05-01-2002, 02:26 PM

Default INTEGRITY SORRY-LOL *NM*

Old 05-01-2002, 02:41 PM

Default Re: WOW THERE GOES SUNSHINE\'S INTEGRETY

Am I sorry this happened? Yes. Ashamed? No.

We have almost five dimes in limbo, along with everyone else's. So, we are REALLY sorry.

Even though this is not of our making, we are aware what a poor light this puts us in. This hurts us more than the money.

Have a nice day.

MS Sunshine
Old 05-01-2002, 02:49 PM

Default Re: HONOR , PROFESSIONALISM and MSSunshine

I often read but very rarely post on these poker forums. Daily it appears that the belittling, bemoaning, and flaming from the know-it-all-attitudes, and bluntly the many smart-asses, continues to rise. Such remarks are a waste of good bandwidth, and contribute nothing to the highly respectable, honorable game of poker. Let me also say, patenthetically, that when I post I will use my actual name, as I am more than willing to be accountable for everything I communicate, which, sadly, is more than can be said for a fair number of you. That having been said, I find the attacks upon MS Sunshine to be equally ridiculous. I, too, prompted for Highlands over the last two months, but I have played on the site essentially since it's beginning. Anyone having played there had to know if was in trouble. Before proping I had received three checks and was relieved when each cleared the bank. I began propping in hopes of helping the site survive. Nevertheless. when I made a deposit I knew well my money was at risk, as is any gaming deposit, or heck, anything else I purchase over the internet for that matter, that's not "cash & carry". MS was caught in the middle, an unenviable position, to be sure. Let it be known I communicated with him regularly my concerns and we promptly shared whatever information we had. Anyone that wants funds guaranteed should leave them on deposit with a bank insured by the FDLIC. (are you sure it's secure even there?) To attack MS for this is petty and unfair. As for me, I'm a big boy, I make my own decisions, take my own licks, and suffer the consequences, good or bad. Hey, wait a minute, I lost money in the stock market in the past 18 months, perhaps that's MS Sunshine's fault too. No as I think again, perhaps I was correct originally. Maybe, just maybe, we should all take responsibilty for our own actions first before blaming others. MS is owed apologies for unfair attacks in this forum, the launching of which, regrettably, has become the norm rather than the exception for these forums.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Untrue and unfair

Thank you Chris, for giving an accurate picture of the events as they happened. We enjoyed working with you, too, except that you play too tough If you changed that we would have no problems working with you in the future.

MS Sunshine
Old 05-01-2002, 03:30 PM

Default \"One Who Trusted MS\"...you are AMAZING!!!

That's better than what I wanted to call you...

Anyone who can't even sign their own name to a post like yours...well I'd compare it to someone just coming up behind Jon and Les and stabbing them both in the back so they won't be able to see your face!

Obviously, you were a prop at HC and don't want MS to know who you are. Why is that? I don't know whether what you say is true or not, because I am not a prop there.

However, I do have a some of experiences with Ms. Sunshine so here goes.

I was also one of the unfortunate victims at Pokerspot. My loss was only about 15 percent of what they lost, but several K is not chunk change. I think I got to know Ms. Sunshine from the very first time I sat in the $20-40 game. I became a bit irritated at something Ms did and called her on it and started calling her "missy" because I thought the "Ms" referred to a female type. She asked me kindly not to call her "missy" so I stopped. The 2nd time I crossed the felt at PS with Ms Sunshine I noticed that "her" play was, well let's just say a "little" looser and more aggressive than I previously had encountered (LOL!). I made the same mistake again, addressing Ms Sunshine as "missy". This time the reply was that he was a man and his wife plays under the same handle. He told me that his name was John and his wife was Les.

From that point on I would ask who was playing, J or L and they would respond immediately. Even though I would be able to tell in a few hands anyway who was playing.

This was the first sign to me that this couple was honest and had nothing to hide even though they could have.

Then Pokerspot got their tit in a ringer and I vowed not to play unless I received the cashout I requested. My reasoning was if I wanted to play the play money games I could do that. But I play poker because I have a passion for the game and to win money, real money. That's it. I can play golf for fun and excercise. Some can't, they have to gamble when playing or they don't. Poker's that way for me. If I didn't make money at it I hope I'd have the sense to quit. I haven't had to think of that for quite some time now.

The Sunshine's play for the same reason. It appears you do to, along with Chris Alger and we all know countless others.

We would email each other with updates on the PS issue until it kinda fell by the wayside. We have stayed in contact for the past couple of years though.

I was also approached by Ms. Sunshine to be a prop at HC and declined the offer. Not because the offer wasn't attractive because it was. The hourly wage coupled with what I am capable of making on a BB hourly wage would have been very nice.

I spoke on the phone about this with both John and Les and had several concerns. The first and most obvious one was "is this another Pokerspot"?

They were totally honest and said the HC was suffering some difficulties. I don't feel I need to go into detail here because IMO, I was given honest answers. A scheduling conflict of hours was the main reason I declined the offer.

I feel your verbal attack is not only out of line but also contratictory to what Chris Alger claims.

I feel everyone's pain here. Yours included. However, IMO the blame is not to be put on Ms Sunshine. They certainly did not know this was going to happen. If they did, do you really think they'd have taken the responsiblity they took? Invest their one BR's? I think not.

I feel confident that DB will somehow make it good for everyone involved.

In closing, it's not the Ms. Sunshine's of the world, that put everything down in black and white, even sticking their neck out for themselves and others, asking little or nothing in return that I am leary about. It's people like you who can't face adversity in a proper adult manner and look someone in the eye with their concerns, but would rather sneak up from behind and try to ruin their (Ms Sunshine in this case) credibility.

KC50
Old 05-01-2002, 03:38 PM

Default Dumb Question, whats a PROP? *NM* *NM*

Old 05-01-2002, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Dumb Question, whats a PROP?

Short for "proposition player". One that is employed by the house, gets paid an hourly rate but has to play his/her own bankroll. They may have to start games and when they're full with a wait, they give their seat up and start another one. Some have to be committed to play any game at any limit the cardroom spreads. Tough way to make a living, with the moving around part.

Certain cardrooms make it easier by giving you a choice of games and limits.

KC50
Old 05-01-2002, 03:47 PM

Default Thank You KC *NM* *NM*

Old 05-01-2002, 04:18 PM

Default Re: HONOR , PROFESSIONALISM and MSSunshine

Hey, wait a minute, I lost money in the stock market in the past 18 months, perhaps that's MS Sunshine's fault too

Thousands of people report losing money in the stock market just like you! Why can't you fools see, it is Paradise Poker rigging the stock ticker!!!

On a serious note, here's hoping the miracle occurs and Highland's comes up with the cashouts. I think you have got about a out-outers chance though...

Good luck all,

Treefrog