Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Re: bad flop call?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to raise the flop to try to make it HU.
The pot is already moderately big and it probably buys you t and 9 outs. A ccontinuation bet may buy the pot on the turn. If reraised you still have a couple of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really bad idea. If your idea goes to plan you will be heads up, out of position against a maniac with a draw. Think about this. Your equity in the pot will plumment. And you are never going to buy the pot off this guy if you miss. You have to hit to win so you want as many people padding the pot as you can get.
Leading the turn is much better here as everyone will call and then our friend the maniac will raise. Not betting the river is pretty bad.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to raise the flop to try to make it HU.
The pot is already moderately big and it probably buys you t and 9 outs. A ccontinuation bet may buy the pot on the turn. If reraised you still have a couple of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really bad idea. If your idea goes to plan you will be heads up, out of position against a maniac with a draw. Think about this. Your equity in the pot will plumment. And you are never going to buy the pot off this guy if you miss. You have to hit to win so you want as many people padding the pot as you can get.
Leading the turn is much better here as everyone will call and then our friend the maniac will raise. Not betting the river is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree if villain is a true maniac. Still a raise may buy up to 6 outs + fold hands that beat us. So I don`t think there is anything wrong with raising tthe flop.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 AM

OMFG bet that river. rest looks good to me, although a turn bet may be in order as it would SUCK if your c/r whiffed.