Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: KTo

I think this is one of those hands where its a calldown live but a reraise online.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:33 PM

You know you're in trouble when the calling station starts raising you when there's a scary board. Did he typically raise on the button before this hand?

Preflop, if he isn't one to try to steal the blinds with marginal holdings, you can put him on a very limited number of hands -- probably AA, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, QQ, QJs (maybe), KJs(maybe) and JJ.

However, his re-raise on the turn is screaming AK, KQ, KJ or maybe AA. A calling station is not raising you on the turn with anything else.

Your only hope is that the river is a club (and he's not holding a higher club), or a 10, or that he's holding AA. Any other hand that he could conceivably be both raising pre-flop with *and* raising the turn with is going to have you outkicked.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to call this turn raise and bet/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems pretty sweet to me.

I'd rather not three-bet and risk either letting a worse hand fold or get capped and have to call with chop, boat, and flush outs. But I REALLY don't want the river to check-through either. I think you'll get raised on the river enough by just another K (some of which you beat) that you should call a river raise. (Folding to a river raise after a donk there would have some pretty bad image consequences, too, in my opinion.)
Old 11-14-2005, 05:57 PM

First I'm feeling a 3 bet and hoping no club as I think he might have As here with A of club.

I don't like call the raise on turn then bet river line because I think he raises with a better hand and might not call with a worse hand.

I'd prefer if anything a call on the turn and check/call river because he'll still bet the Js or Qs there.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 PM

I think one of the major advantages to the call turn-bet river line is that you are going to get a third bet in from plenty of hands that might fold to a turn three-bet or check behind the river. The donk bet will often just confuse people and lull them into a call.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:48 PM

have you ever waited 15 seconds when you at a hand better than KT on that board to raise?

3-bet, bet/fold a club on the river, bet/call everything else.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:50 PM

Default results

canterbury 15/30 9 handed

I don't know too much about button, but one other player told me he is a calling station monkey. Folds to button who raises. SB folds. I call in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, button bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, he takes about 10-15 seconds and then raises. He may or may not have made some speech with said raise, but I had my ipod on so who knows. What's my line?

I called.
River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I checked, he bet, I called. He shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. meh.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:18 PM

No comment on the hand, but it amazes me that good players wear Ipods and stuff in 30/60 games. Why would you purposely ignore information the other players are trying to give you? Are you really that worried that they will pick up more information on you if you can hear them? Aren't good players supposed to be better information gatherers and hiders than bad ones?

If you do it out of boredom, couldn't you just turn it off during the hand?
-James
Old 11-14-2005, 11:32 PM

I would 3 bet this turn.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:18 AM

He's constantly expressed disdain for almost every player he's up against live. His normal player descriptions make this clear. He also made some post about buying an iPod because he hates all of humanity or something.