Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Controlling the bankroll

I fall into the same traps as the OP quite often, though I have been trying to reduce this tendency. If I take a hit (was on the $50NL tables yesterday...flopped a boat...lost to a bigger boat) early on, I go reverse tilt and tighten up until I get back to where I was, then back to normal style...

As I get some cushion, I, too, tend to open it up a little and play a lot more hands.

My question is about the 300BB roll and the 25-50BB buy-ins and the style in which you play. No matter where I am at in relation to my 25-50BB buy-in at the table, I should not (so long as I am playing fundamentally sound, which is a work-in-progress [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) alter my play as a function of the chips in front of me, correct? I am speaking of cash games, not tourneys where you obvious have to change your play when you are down to the felt).

Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Controlling the bankroll

Theoretically saying in a limit game your style should only change to the way of the table i.e loose to tight or passive to aggresive. Your style might change due to keeping up with the kind of game but your plays should not be influenced by how many or little chips you have in play.