Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: 88 button hand, 22/455 remaining

[ QUOTE ]
You were ahead of AK preflop plus pot odds. You were way ahead on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure on the flop he's a coin flip, but i know you know that. I'm sure you just misread it.

That said, push preflop, push the flop.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:44 AM

Thanks again for the insight. I anticipate posting more hands. I've gone from Super tight mtt play to a more "seize the moment" type of play which often leaves me doubting my game.
Just recently been playing with the "you can't win if you're afraid to lose" attitude and oddly enough I seem to be winning more. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just that I'm sometimes left feeling like a maniac or a loose cannon. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] thanks!
Oh, by...push pf, push on the flop, does that mean that either is an acceptable play? or that I should have been allin pf, but seeing that I wasn't plan "B" is to push the flop?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, by...push pf, push on the flop, does that mean that either is an acceptable play? or that I should have been allin pf, but seeing that I wasn't plan "B" is to push the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter. I would push most flops. Here you have one low over card and you have a flush draw that may be good. Plus you may be ahead now but youropponent may have a higher flush draw. You also could be behind but have the better draw. In any case, you are pot commited and have a good chance to win a showdown.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again for the insight. I anticipate posting more hands. I've gone from Super tight mtt play to a more "seize the moment" type of play which often leaves me doubting my game.
Just recently been playing with the "you can't win if you're afraid to lose" attitude and oddly enough I seem to be winning more. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just that I'm sometimes left feeling like a maniac or a loose cannon. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've got the idea.....

With under 10BB left in your stack raising to the equivalent of 40% of your stack is crazy. What are you going to do, put out nearly half your stack and then abandon it? What other posters are saying is, "If you're playing this hand put it all in the middle preflop and hope to either double up or go home."
Old 12-19-2005, 12:11 PM

If you're gonna do well in a tournament, you have to win some coin flips. Here, you didn't, it's a tough break, but it happens.

About half the time, actually.