Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2004, 07:45 AM

Default Pat, don\'t you think you\'d get the same bets

if you pop and then smooth call the reraise on 3rd, then make betting moves on future streets (even fourth)? As opposed the reverser (smooth call, then reraise)?

Then again, if they are idiots, I agree that reraising constantly won't tell them anything.... at least until you show them the trips. Then they MIGHT pay attention

I just know that given bad players that there would be a fair number of hands that I would initially raise the jacks with (split queens, smaller pair with Queen kicker if feeling frisky, broadway draw or Q-high straight with the K or J, a three flush) and then call the Kings' reraise... so doing the same with trips would be disguised.

Thoughts?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: huh?

20/40 small limit??? which 2000/4000 tables do you play at boss??
Old 02-04-2004, 01:19 PM

It's not all that unusual for a $20/40 home game to play like a low-limit game. Ever see Rounders? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I spent a few days last summer playing $20/40 stud at Foxwoods, and it was pretty similar to my local $6/12 stud game. In the FW $20 game, I usually wasn't the only good player in the game, but there were players who were pretty awful. The games weren't quite good enough to persuade me to move back to CT, but they were plenty good. The primary difference between my local $30/60 HE game and my local $6/12 game is the color of the chips. The $30/60 game has several very good players, but plenty of bad ones. The bad players at $30/60 aren't quite as bad as the bad ones at $6/12, but they're plenty bad.

FWIW, I think Pat plays mostly $10/20
Old 02-04-2004, 02:39 PM

I understand that, I played at 15-30 game in AC last wknd b/c i just couldnt stand it anymore how tight everyone at 10/20 tables are. that game looked loose and easy and inviting, to make long story short, i won $1k in less than 5hrs. So I agree there always bad players no matter what limits.

thats was not the point of that response, the point of my response was a sarcastic reply to a guy who claim 20/40 is low limit, he did not claim that 20/40 had bad players, he claimed it was low limit. thats a BIG difference... especially if he plays at the 10/20 level
Old 02-05-2004, 08:06 AM

for some reason i thought it was 2-4 not 20-40.oops [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Pat
Old 02-07-2004, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Rolled up Queens

Im going out on a limb here and suggest with this many loose players already in the pot. The propencity for players to call after they have raised. The reality that it will very probably get very large. And the fact that players get psychologically bound to big pots which they have committed raises or large bets. as well as the fact that you very probably have the best hand and will remain best for at least two rounds and will very likely have the best draw even if some flush or straight type hand draws out or redraws on you. that it is quite likely correct to 4 bet here. The loose players could put you on as wild of a steal as they might attempt themselves.

so I say [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] #2 reraise to 60$

not that smooth calling till 5th or even fourth would be at all wrong.

Wombat6