Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Who should play in the Orange bowl?

Hey, I'm a WAC guy at heart
Old 11-16-2004, 02:36 AM

The only decent teams USC has beat this year is VT and Cal.

Anybody who thinks beating Colorodo State, BYU, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, and Arizona is respectable doesnt know very much about football.

And dont give me that, well, they beat Cal crap. Cal sucks as s, the've played one top 10 team and lost. The rest of there schedule is: Air Force, New Mexico State, Oregon State, UCLA, Arizona, ASU, Oregon and Washington.

The Pac 10 is nothing but a bunch of beefed up high school teams. I'd like to see USC play in the SEC or ACC.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:45 AM

Please tell me how Cal and ASU are different from Texas and Texas A&M?

Texas almost lost to KANSAS! They are a perenial joke and no one in the top-10 takes them seriously. Whether it is their shaky quarterback situations or their lack of a balanced attack, Mack Brown has never yielded a team without a huge glaring weakness, a glaring weakness that any decent coach can exploit. They are jokes and NOBODY EVER PICKS THEM in the RRSO. Hell, I don't even trust them to go through a year without losing to a team ranked 10 spots below them.

Texas A&M lost to BAYLOR!

Enough with the weak BS rhetoric. Almost every team looks awful when you quickly skim through their schedule. What can CAL or USC do? Either one of them loses, you will say the same thing! That they only played one top-10 opponent and lost! Why even bother arguing?

Not that a weak SOS ever hurt the perception of USC's strength. Didn't they kick the teeth out of a Michigan team last year?
Old 11-16-2004, 02:47 AM

Note, I'm not doubting Auburn's credibility. What you seem to be ignoring is the strength of the Big-12. I don't not have an issue with the ACC or the SEC.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:53 AM

I never said anything about A&M.

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't they kick the teeth out of a Michigan team last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what they beat another over-rated big ten team.

[ QUOTE ]
Either one of them loses, you will say the same thing! That they only played one top-10 opponent and lost! Why even bother arguing?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of the arguement is that instead of playing 1 top ten team a year and a bunch of high school teams, they could try playing 4 or 5 top 20 teams and 1 or 2 more top 30 teams.

What is more respectable? A team that plays a schedule where they only have 1 game with any chance of losing or a team that plays a schedule where they have 5+ chances of losing?

Now that SOS was taken out of the BSC equation its only gonna get worse. Teams will be going undefeated off of 106 ranked schedules.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:56 AM

The Big 12 is weaker than normal this year Im not denying that, however my argument is that the Pac 10 is weak EVERY year.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:00 AM

You picked Oklahoma in the OB.

Yet I see no reason as how to the crappy Big-12 in maybe it's biggest down year (all their "great" scrambling QBs are sucking wastewater) is superior to the Pac-10.

Arizona State and Oregon State are hardly "high school" teams. They aren't great but ASU is better than Florida and Oregon State is an on and off team with great potential that can give anyone a run on a good week, even if they do flat out stink in another week. Weren't they a few 19 yard kicks away from beating your beloved SEC's top-15 LSU?

That SOS remark is incredibly ignorant. It was redundant to have that in that in the first place since all the computer formulas account for it in some manner or another. Anyhow, Auburn's SOS is ranked below USC, not that the matters, as you will quickly type out Pac-10 teams again to make your point again. Maybe if Auburn wanted to be #1, they would pick a better OOC team to play than the Citidel. SC played a practical road game vs. a team dying to make their mark in the first game of the year.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:58 AM

Auburn and USC
Old 11-16-2004, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Any undefeated SEC team should ALWAYS be in the title game, witness underdog winners LSU, Tennessee and Alabama in the last decade. The SEC is hands down THE premier football conference.

I vote USC vs Auburn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if the people who's opinion counts would realize this!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Weren't they a few 19 yard kicks away from beating your beloved SEC's top-15 LSU?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know where you get that from, Im not an LSU fan.

No way is USCs SOS tougher than Auburns. As for Auburns OOC games, why should they have to when they have to play in the SEC?