Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: STICKY NOMINATION!!

Yeh, my girlfriend thinks I should team up with Doyle Benson and write a book.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, my girlfriend thinks I should team up with Doyle Benson and write a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the guys from Guinness are so fond of saying.... "Brilliant !!!"

Almost fell off my chair !!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

peace, mondo
Old 05-08-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Guide to No Limit Holdem Tournament Play

betgo,

ROTFLMFAO! Thanks for the levity- it's nice to see that someone has a sense of humor and uses it in a creative way. I look forward to more on "Punishing the raisers" (LOL!) in Vol. II.

Awesome.

yabastid

"I will give a couple of examples which will make clear how easy it is to read your opponents hands. Say you limp with A9o, someone raises and you calls. If an ace flops, you can put your opponent on a pair of face cards and go allin. If the board comes nine high, you can put your opponent on a big ace and go allin.

Similarly, if you limp with 77, call a raise, and the flop comes with low cards you can put your opponent on AQ or AK and go allin."

genius. LMAO! thank you.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Maybe he was drunk? nt

Read the first sentence VERY CAREFULLY...

Gojacketz
Old 05-09-2005, 11:16 AM

Doesnt he have the gap concept a little off?

nevermind, shoot me
Old 05-09-2005, 12:58 PM

yes, his def of Gap is way off. I think this guy was attempting to write a guide to how to lose at NL holdem. hope to run into this guy sometime soon.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:11 PM

serioulsy man. i can't stop laughing. what is this guys screen name. i will pay a higher entry fee just to sit at this guys table.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:15 PM

You should do that.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:50 PM

Why must people always be critical when someone tries to post some helpful information? Next to the post on Shania I think this could be the single best nugget I've run across in the Multi Table forum. The original poster has made almost 1600 posts. He obviously knows what he is talking about! Being critical may cause him not to post here anymore.

His description of his Gap Concept is brief and to the point. It advocates tight playing, (always correct in my opinion), and yet says you can call any size raise once you've limped in. I love the idea behind this because it shows you won't back down with 45 suited and maybe people will leave you alone in the future.

Sklansky's Gap Concept advocates gambling it up with any two cards later in a tournament as long as you're first in the pot. Someone should have better cards to call your raise otherwise they have to lay their hand down. This cuts down on the number of flops seen and this has to be a bad thing! It has on more than one occasion caused me to go on tilt when the first person to act has pushed all in and I've layed down my QQ hand and they flip over 72 offsuit showing their bluff. How could I put them on anything but AA or KK? Sklansky's Gap Concept has to be wrong, do you see why?

His description of how to play AQ is brilliant! I have had so many problems with that hand and now I see the error of my ways. Maybe if Phil Ivey read this post his play with that hand would improve!

Using this posters MTT strategy, I can see myself limping into the money much more frequently. I frequently play the $5.00 buy in Sun tournament at Paradise Poker. Alot of the time places 71-90 pays $5.33. Why play 3 hours, get aggressive on the bubble and miss out on that payday? I see people play aggressively and say they play to win. How realistic is that? Yes it would be wonderful to make 1st place and take down $900.00 to $1000.00. I'd rather make the money consistently in 10 tournaments in a row than go for the "big win".

I for one applaud the original poster's intent and willingness to share a strategy he has obviously put much thought into.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Guide to No Limit Holdem Tournament Play

I hope everyone who reads this plays exactly this way.

Hell, I hope everyone plays this way even if they haven't read it!

-Scott