Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Problem with SNG tracker

I had this problem, but it was the player name issue. I had set it up for my original player and forgot to change when I tried to import my new player name HH's. Once I changed the player name and got it in the correct case it worked. I think it's a great program, I had written a clunky c based program that would churn through and give me totals on the screen. I always meant to turn it into something more but my programming skills are mediocre at best. Thanks for a useful program.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:28 PM

Once again thanks for the program hood, its awesome. Does no one else have the same problem as me though where I can't shut windows down while the program is running? I have to manually close the program, sometimes forced through task manager or my computer will just stall when I try to shut down.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again thanks for the program hood, its awesome. Does no one else have the same problem as me though where I can't shut windows down while the program is running? I have to manually close the program, sometimes forced through task manager or my computer will just stall when I try to shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this problem. When trying to shut down, SNG Tracker replicates itself in the tool bar (I could try to shut down ten times and see ten SNG Tracker icons on the bottom right thingy where the clock is) and the PC does not shut down.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:34 PM

yeah, me too...you have to shut the system tray item down (in task bar near clock)

it also runs multiple copies at once so shut them all down
Old 06-23-2005, 03:41 PM

Other than the Windows shutdown problem I have had no issues with it and think it is an excellent tool. The original spreadsheet was great but not having to enter in results is +EV. Thanks Hood!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Hood!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-23-2005, 05:33 PM

yeah its great...i torture myself on a daily basis by viewing the stats

obsessed
Old 06-24-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this problem. When trying to shut down, SNG Tracker replicates itself in the tool bar (I could try to shut down ten times and see ten SNG Tracker icons on the bottom right thingy where the clock is) and the PC does not shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is meant to be a 'feature'. If you close it down with the 'x' in the top right it will minimize to the tool tray. You then close it down from the tool tray (right-click on the icon, exit). Alternatively you can close it down from the main menu - File > Close. This will shut it down.

I thought I'd fixed the duplicate-version problem. Will check this out.

Thanks for the support. I will certainly make an effort to release a new version soon.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:53 AM

Hi Hood,

I have expressed my feelings about your SNG tracker elsewhere and in other threads, but to my knowledge, not directly to you yet.

This is a fantastic program. Since it's release, I have not used my old spreadsheet and when I compare the two, I think there is really no question which I prefer.

I understand that some others still use the spreadsheet, and I suppose that given SNG tracker's inability to impor tourneys from some sites, etc... this might make sense.

For someone like me, however, who only cares about my SNG results on the party sites, SNG tracker is far superior. The best thing is just how little effort I now put into record keeping. I have gone through some pretty long stretches without even looking at the tracker or my results. Much different than the old days of knowing your ROI after every set (though I suppose the spreadsheet does this also now if you use pokertracker).

I really have to think that anyone who only plays party and still doesn't use the SNG tracker has not yet fully experimented with the filtering potential.

As far as any future suggestions, and things that I might like to see, I'd just be interested in a bit more statistical info, notably:

Standard Deviation
Confidence

Otherwise, nice work.
Brad S
Old 06-24-2005, 06:17 AM

I 2nd that, 100%.

Great tool

Steve