Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Party observer chat \"temporarily\" suspended. Yeah. Right.

[ QUOTE ]
spammers are glass tappers.

Glass tappers bother me that much.

Its worth the time to make the screen scroll up 3 lines by typing something seemingly harmless.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 12:43 AM

I couldnt care less about people chatting.

Unless, of course, they're discussing poker, and especially if they're discussing a recent hand (correct or incorrect analysis) or, committing the WORST crime of berating a bad player at my table.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:34 AM

I really dislike this feature. Sometimes you want to discuss the tournament that you just won/finished as runner up in. You have time to type "gg" or whatever, and that's it. Plus I very rarely say "gg" anyway. Maybe they should've just disabled chat entirely...
Old 10-23-2005, 02:39 AM

How long has the 24 hr. live help been temporarily down? I'd say that about that long.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dislike this feature. Sometimes you want to discuss the tournament that you just won/finished as runner up in. You have time to type "gg" or whatever, and that's it. Plus I very rarely say "gg" anyway. Maybe they should've just disabled chat entirely...

[/ QUOTE ]

This could be solved by letting people who have played a tournament stay at the table for a couple of minutes after it ends.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 AM

Sure. How often do party change their software though?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, a rule that you ahve to have at least $50 in your account to chat as an observer coupled with a policy of not allowing spam AND seizing the funds of those that do bot-spam would work just as well. But I'm certainly glad that they've done this rather than doing nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make too much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allowing observer chat for those who have a certain number of raked hands/party points might be workable as well.

A participant in any tournament type game (MTT or SNG) should be allowed observer chat after being eliminated.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long has the 24 hr. live help been temporarily down? I'd say that about that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

They said 24 hour live help, they did not specify which 24 hours during the year they will be open. Geez, give Party a break.

ENJOY!
Old 10-23-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, a rule that you ahve to have at least $50 in your account to chat as an observer coupled with a policy of not allowing spam AND seizing the funds of those that do bot-spam would work just as well. But I'm certainly glad that they've done this rather than doing nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make too much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allowing observer chat for those who have a certain number of raked hands/party points might be workable as well.

A participant in any tournament type game (MTT or SNG) should be allowed observer chat after being eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? So the eliminated player could tell those still left about the bad beat that just put them out? Or better yet scream at the stupid fish who sucked out? Obsever chat serves no useful poker function, particularly after you have just been eliminated from a tourney.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:22 PM

I disagree for the most part with this change. It certainly has helped with the spam issues (can't deny that), but it isn't a perfect solution. My father plays on PartyPoker as well, and he likes to play a lot of the tournaments. Before this change, I regularly railbirded when he got deep into tournaments, but I rarely do it anymore. I mean, it's fun to watch him play, but without being able to make comments (even "nh"), it sort of takes a lot of the fun away. He sometimes returned the favor as well. I miss being able to do that.

I always thought the simple solution was to:
(a) force somebody to have $50 in their account in order to chat at any table.
(b) Subject all withdrawals from newly established accounts (less than a week old) to a "chat" review.
(c) If they are spamming, the money is forfeit.

Between that and auto-identifying spam phrases - NOT blocking them, but auto-muting the spammers when those phrases come out (but making it appear that the spam was making it to the table) - would fix most of the issues.

Of course, that does require some programming expertise, so...