FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: AQs in UTG+1 against an UTG raise from a a TAG
Fold 20 33.33%
Raise 11 18.33%
Call 29 48.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Was I Scammed?

This was in Leamington Spa a few years ago. I've had a few people ask for 50p or perhaps a £1 but never more. I never give anything though.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:26 AM

I voted yes, although this is less shady than much of what I've encountered. I used to run a pool hall in a shady area of Jersey, and the highway we were located on was a hooker/crack-whore haven. We'd frequently have them come in and ask for money for gas/tolls, coupled with some crazy story. Someone would throw them a few bucks and they'd be off to buy some rock.
One night, this woman comes in and starts giving me this crazy sob story, telling me how she lives in the motel across the street (hmmm...i wonder why) with her kids and basically going nowhere with the story. I ask her to get to the point and she tells me she needs $213 to pay for her room for the next week, and that she's friends with the "male manager" of the pool hall and she's good for it. So I inform her that I am the "male manager" of the pool hall, then ask her who's watching her kids while she's trying to squeeze me for crack money. She stormed out of there, and the regulars who heard our conversation and I laughes our asses off. Strangely, our crack-whores almost completely stopped coming back after that.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:34 AM

I don't know if you got "scammed," but basically you just gave some woman 9 bucks towards buying drugs. You shoulda just let her give you a BJ and given her $20.

And BTW, stop wasting your time posting on 2+2. There are so many better things you could be doing with your time in Australia. If you are still in Sydney, check out the Taronga Zoo. Its a pretty good way to kill several hours.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:42 AM

This was in Leamington Spa a few years ago.

Do you live there? There's a girl here in Romania who lives there and I really thought it was a tiny place where no one was from, I'd never heard of it before her.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:47 AM

I lived there whilst at uni (Warwick). Its not a tiny place, its a mid-small sized town. The student area is downtown and is quite grimy (but decent enough for a student, better than Coventry anyway) whilst the uptown area is v. expensive and quite plush.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:50 PM

This one time me and a couple friends were walking around downtown NYC at night, 11/12ish, near the Christopher street 1/9. A few blocks north, on a small side street. This homeless man comes up to my friend and asks him if he has a dollar. We are all white boys who look decently well off, ie we should have a dollar. But this particulary friend is a notorious cheapskate, and literally does not have a dollar. So he says "No man, sorry I don't". The homeless man then looks at us all and says "Man, I'm not even going to waste my time with you pansy ass crackers, you're hopeless". He passes us and walks down the street. After he walks about 20 feet my friend runs up to him and says, "Hey man, I'm serious, I don't actually have a dollar". The homeless man then pulls a huge wad of one dollar bills (at least 50) and yells "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE DOLLAR BILL! IT'S NOT ABOUT THE DOLLAR BILL! IT'S ABOUT HUMANITY!" We all just lost it and broke down in laughter, and it took us about 10 minutes before we could move on.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those three words made this post worthwhile.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:13 PM

Consider the $9 a futures bet on possibly getting laid.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:15 PM

Dude, she hopped the first train for Cabramatta and stuck it in her arm.

In all seriousness, that was nice, a nice compromise, and even if she wanted it for "nefarious" purposes, whatever, its still nice. Nice.

And where were people like you when I needed them?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider the $9 a futures bet on possibly getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a crackhead homeless woman.