Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: This is a terrible misuse of TT, right?

When you push, you lose 735 chips when you lose and win 375 when you win. Hint: put the PF raiser on a range*.

*I am not suggesting it's a bad push at this limit. It's a horrible push in the 109's.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you push, you lose 735 chips when you lose and win 375 when you win. Hint: put the PF raiser on a range*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winning 375 when I win assumes that I can't get called by a 9 here, which I don't think is true. Also, not playing the Party 30s I don't have a good sense of what the default range should be, and it's still Level 1 so it's hard to have a good sense. If I've played with the guy before and he's kind of tight, then yes, he's going to have 99 or JJ+ here way too often for this to be a correct move. However, I also think that it's very believable that he could be making this raise PF with a range like 77-AA, AK-AT, KQ, in which case he presumably folds everything but 99 and the overpairs, meaning we get called 28 times and he folds 78 times, which is obviously profitable even ignoring the times BB calls us with a 9. I'm neglecting the possibility that BB actually has a big hand here, but since it seems likely that BB might have reraised given the limp-happiness PF I don't think that's a bad assumption. (EDIT: And if BB hit a set, then nice hand.)

[ QUOTE ]

*I am not suggesting it's a bad push at this limit. It's a horrible push in the 109's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I bet that's true.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:25 AM

If you have any respect for BB you need to fold this.