Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: If you say hello to me at the tables....

So does this mean that 'brown trout' has expired?

I'm fairly certain that I don't really care. We have enough newcomers around here who don't even know about the brown-trout thing anyway?

I think we should change it to "The Brown Thumb is smoking P.O.T. in the closet."
Old 02-18-2005, 06:16 PM

I think we should change it to "The Brown Thumb is smoking P.O.T. in the closet."

Classic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 02-18-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lately 2+2 players have been asking, "sup bro?" to which the correct reply is "sup" or "sup bro" or "sup bro?"

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the beauty of the sup bro "secret handshake" is that any number of responses will do. for example, possible responses to "sup bro?":

sup bro
sup breaux
all-county
15 tackles for a loss
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
you'll know it when he goes all in
iceman sux
Old 02-18-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So does this mean that 'brown trout' has expired?

I'm fairly certain that I don't really care. We have enough newcomers around here who don't even know about the brown-trout thing anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest problem with brown trout sleeps in the closet is google. Anybody with half a brain will google it and presto! We have a new member. For those not smart enough to do that it at least freaks them out and makes them think your colluding or something. So yes I strongly believe it should be retired. I do not repsond to it.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:21 PM

The biggest problem with brown trout sleeps in the closet is google. Anybody with half a brain will google it and presto! We have a new member

If they had more than half a brain I assume they would google "poker strategy" and then we'd have an influx of idiots......

Lori
Old 02-18-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem with brown trout sleeps in the closet is google. Anybody with half a brain will google it and presto! We have a new member.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if they google the whole expression, but a google of "brown trout" makes no mention of 2+2 in the first 5 pages (probably more pages, I gave up looking).
Old 02-18-2005, 06:26 PM

right. that's how I found this forum.

I googled 'poker strategy articles' or something like that when I was first starting out and eventually landed here.

After a little while I saw some sort of recommendation for HEFAP by some guy named David sklansky...
"oh...who's this Sklansky guy....so are you saying that the guys running this forum have some books on poker too??"

Guess I found out in the reverse order from others (who learned of the forums from buying one of the books).
Old 02-18-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem with brown trout sleeps in the closet is google. Anybody with half a brain will google it and presto! We have a new member

If they had more than half a brain I assume they would google "poker strategy" and then we'd have an influx of idiots......

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

True.

I found this website by googling brown trout sleeps in th closet when a 2+2er figured I was a 2+2er by the way I played. I have also seen others have no idea what it meant only to write in the chat 15 minutes later "2+2?" In my opinion saying "does the brown trout sleep in the closet?" is worse than saying "are you on 2+2?" because it's so weird it either freaks people out or gets them curious. It's an obvious code that easily cracked and makes 2+2 seem secretive. "sup bro?" is much better.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:34 PM

In my opinion saying "does the brown trout sleep in the closet?" is worse than saying "are you on 2+2?"

I don't see that either is particuarly bad.

It's not like people who want to learn are not going to find this place, and most people who don't want to learn will read three posts about how to play, decide we're all idiots because we don't play many pots, and go back to the tables.

Lori
Old 02-18-2005, 06:43 PM

I'm all for friendly conversation and cracking jokes as I play but I'm not a big fan of tables coaching or helping other players find helpful resources while sitting at the table. If they're motivated to find this place they will but I won't give them a map while I'm trying to take their money. I'm kinda selfish I guess.