Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Choose your seat (complex)

[ QUOTE ]
at first I thought it was between 1 and 2, then I read the posts and thought maybe it was between 4 and 5, then, I thought some more and decided it was between 3 and 4 because you'll be able to steal so many blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get your response. You choose 3-4 primarily (at least all that you said) because of steals. 4-5 is way better than 3-4 for steals. In 3-4 you have a what seams to be pretty loose guy (but a bit unknown) in the BB when you are SB. Yeah, you have it decent when you are button, and have a tight BB, but he knows how to play, so when he does, you won't be making all that much money. But in 4-5 you get a good SB vs BB steal and although you won't automatically steal when you are in the button, post flop you will be playing against a guy making tons of mistakes.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:41 PM

without reading other responses i say between 4 and 5

Edited: yeah i gotta say that between 4 and 5 is looking more and more like clearly the best seat. You are in a good position with regard to both stealing blinds and blind steal defense. I think this seat also minimizes your difficult decisions postflop as well.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 PM

5 on your immediate left, obviously.

And this is not close to complex.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you put tons of thought into this. Great job.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you are being sarcastic, but I have put a lot of thought into my position at any given table. Since I have already put said thought into position, such a basic setup such as the one described by OP takes little time to answer.

-Scott
Old 12-06-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you are being sarcastic, but I have put a lot of thought into my position at any given table. Since I have already put said thought into position, such a basic setup such as the one described by OP takes little time to answer.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy that you are so good at this. If you notice though, you have 3 decent players all vouching for different things. This might say something about the complexity of it. Maybe you could flesh out your thoughts on the matter. If not, there is no reason to even respond.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:51 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT! GLAD TO HAVE YA ABOARD! HOPE TO SEE MORE GREAT INSIGHT LIKE THIS SOON!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:56 PM

Posting blind....

Between 4 and 5.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 PM

i gave this some thought and i think everyone is right. i want the 5 seat behind me. one thing i forgot to mention is that the 5 seat doesnt like to 3bet me preflop all that often. he calls alot but doesnt defend his SB much at all. i can open from the button and itll be me vs the worst player almost every time. the loose passive on my right wont take away from most of my button raises. i can also open from the CO against the guy who makes poor calldowns and the BT behind me wont 3bet me often at all.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:37 PM

You have to throw player 4 out, you don't have enough data. Frankly, that could be anyone one of us in such a game over 39 hands, seriously.

So, you want to be stealing the Tighty's blind and have the loose, aggro players on your right so, I'd take between 3 and 4. Seat 3 seems call station like and perdictable, don't worry about him, you can put call-station/predictable types anywhere.