Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: How in the world can you possibly win at Micro Limits?

You guys are mean. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dude, they are all being sarcastic. You may be on a downswing, but ordinarily you want as many callers as possible with worse hands. Concentrate on jamming the pot when you have enough pot equity and backing off and saving bets when you suspect they may have drawn out. This will save you $$ when they draw out and make you more when they don't. And of course raise raise raise preflop -- make them pay to play trash.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:17 AM

[generic sarcastic response]

Get better at poker
Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 AM

We're all liars. Nobody except for the bots can win at the microlimits.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:53 AM

You should check out Phil Helmuth's Play poker like the pros, Its the bible around here. Remember to watch as much as you can on TV.
If you're getting beat on the river too much you are probably the victum of colluding. This is when a bunch of people come to your table after seeing your obvious superior skills in this post and try to take you on.

You play at pokerroom? Man I love them, especially since they raised their already ridiculous rake.
NH
Old 09-19-2005, 02:00 AM

Fit or fold. Fold all draws that aren't to the nuts, and if you don't have the absolute nuts (no, AA on an AKK flop is not the nuts, quad kings is(unless the A and K are sooted, then you're REALLY in trouble)!), fold your hand, because they probably outdrew you.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:04 AM

"3 Super Sly Secrets to Making a Killing at Online Poker Without Relying On Skill or Luck!"

You have my word that this is a private mailing list and will never be sold or given away for any reason. I respect your e-mail privacy.

Hey i dont think we should be making fun of this site, i mean come on. He gave us his word... his word!!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:11 AM

good advice throughout guys.

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. obviously to beat you they're doing something different. you should adapt the winning style. if ever there is a card that can give you the nuts, call every bet.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 AM

Don't listen to anyone here but padawan.

You're just getting unlucky. In the long run, if 4 people called your KK to the river with undercards 100 different times, you'd come out wayyyy ahead. Much more than if only 2 people called and folded after the flop. I know it's extremely frustrating at the micros, but if you keep playing the same way, jamming those pots when you know you're ahead, you'll definitely be a long-term winner. Just don't give up and don't let the suckouts effect your willingness to get your money in the pot with the best of it. Remember that sometimes bad streaks like yours can go on for thousands of hands, so don't assume it's hopeless if things don't turn around for you soon. Poker can be a real bitch...
Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 AM

ok i just read the entire site, and i especially love the disclaimer:

"There is however NO guarantee that you will earn any money using our information, products, techniques and ideas in these materials. Nowhere on our site should any information to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of earnings."
Old 09-19-2005, 05:42 AM

I'm thinking of writing a book to compete with "Small Stakes Hold'em."

It won't be as good, of course, but it will be titled "The Everyone Draws Out On Me And Doesn't Respect My Raises Book."

I'll make a mint.
Closed Thread