Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Blind structure

Given that the limit below it is 15/30 and that has proven very popular, I find it somewhat surprising that Party structures their 30/60 with 1/2 blinds instead of 2/3. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Party adding more 30/60 tables..

Currently:
22 30/60 tables
54 15/30 tables.

Where will this balance out?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Blind structure

I believe all online sites structure 30-60 like this and yes, it's very annoying.

Jeff
Old 05-10-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Dammit

My bankroll has just informed me that its not ready for this
Old 05-10-2005, 03:12 PM

They're still holding back on 15/30 6-max tables. Dat sux.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:14 PM

To me this is a sign that the industry is maturing. Party probably figures the rapid growth stage is nearing it's end, and that future growth will need to be based on maximising it's share of the existing market.

If you view all the on-line rooms ar one big poker room you can see this happening.

Over the last three years a base group of players has developed. And a good percentage of this group has reached the stage where they are playing higher. The last few month most of the rooms have opened up high stakes tables.

This is consistent with the progression at local B+M rooms. When they first start out, the games are lower, then as the regulars progress, the higher limits appear.

What this says about how good some games will stay, is probably another thread by itself.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:23 PM

I agree. A $20 small blind would definitely make the games more interesting as opposed to the cut-off/button vs. bb contest that this game with the current blinds structure probably features.

One question: I assume that the increase in 30 games applies to Empire and the other skins too, right? It might seem like a silly question but there are some differences in the availability of games. For example, Empire doesn't have the bad beat jackpot games or something like that if memory serves me right.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:24 PM

all skins
Old 05-10-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. A $20 small blind would definitely make the games more interesting as opposed to the cut-off/button vs. bb contest that this game with the current blinds structure probably features.

One question: I assume that the increase in 30 games applies to Empire and the other skins too, right? It might seem like a silly question but there are some differences in the availability of games. For example, Empire doesn't have the bad beat jackpot games or something like that if memory serves me right.

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't the 2/3 structure discourage passive play (before the CO)? and therefore, wouldn't the 1/2 structure generate more multiway hands? It seems to me in a 1/2 structure there are more heads up battles between the stealer and the BB and more multiway (>4) pots too, whereas in the 2/3 structure, you'll find more 3 way action. Which is more interesting (and more profitable) I guess is a matter of debate.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But doesn't the 2/3 structure discourage passive play (before the CO)? and therefore, wouldn't the 1/2 structure generate more multiway hands? It seems to me in a 1/2 structure there are more heads up battles between the stealer and the BB and more multiway (>4) pots too, whereas in the 2/3 structure, you'll find more 3 way action. Which is more interesting (and more profitable) I guess is a matter of debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the quick answer is that the 2/3 structure encourages more play from the small blind, which will make it a much looser game all around. It's amazing what a difference this little change makes in most games.