Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Funnier
Jon Stewart 41 64.06%
Conan O'Brien 23 35.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Hair Poll

Is this the worst April Fool's day joke ever, or serious?

~D
Old 04-01-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish!

You obviously don't read the NVG forum often, huh? Look for the FYI post, and if you are still in doubt, look at the date.

It would be my sincerest wish that having cancer was a sick joke!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish!

You obviously don't read the NVG forum often, huh? Look for the FYI post, and if you are still in doubt, look at the date.

It would be my sincerest wish that having cancer was a sick joke!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I only read in here these days.

I've lost a lot of people to cancer. I wish you the best of luck. With any luck you'll be the female Lance Armstrong of the poker world. I do believe that's the first time that sentence has ever been uttered.

BTW - I vote for bald. That way you'll be a disconcerting presence at the poker tables.

~D
Old 04-01-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With any luck you'll be the female Lance Armstrong of the poker world. I do believe that's the first time that sentence has ever been uttered.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! I have a very sick sense of humor. Even during the best of times, I think my sense of humor could be called warped. During bad times, it becomes almost disgusting.

For instance, take a look at this: http://www.billrini.com/archives/200...er_like_1.html

Yeah, I should have been a guy. I was tricked by God at birth! So the doctor says I should probably have all of my female parts removed after I'm all done with cancer treatment, because I'm such a high risk and it's better to be safe. Hmmm, once I have no boobs and no reproductive system, I guess I'll get my wish, after all, and see if I really would have made a good man!

A friend of mine sent me one of those yellow, Lance Armstong bands. I've been telling people who ask about it that I have testicular cancer. You should see the priceless expression on their faces.

Once I have the double mastectomy and lose my hair, I think the joke will be even more sick and twisted. Too bad I have such a high pitched voice, or some people might believe me!

Another of my friends posted a pic of a tee-shirt with only one boob. She called it: "Felicia has one to spare!"

Stuff like that cracks me up. Nothing is crossing the line, really, with me. The more sick the sense of humor, the more I get off on it. So feel free to rip on me.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 06:47 PM

I vote for shaved bald.

I think the act of doing it should feel empowering and everytime you look in the mirror you can kinda have the "[censored] you cancer, I'm one step ahead of the game" attitude.

Your confidence will definetly get you through this.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 PM

I can't believe there's no option for a green/purple marble mohawk. That would be sweet.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:27 PM

i dont have an opnion on your hair, but i wish you the absolute best on your daily battle [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 07:36 PM

A friend of mine used to shave her head every once in a while. I liked it better short but not buzzed, but it didn't look bad on her that way either (O.K. so I am biased).

Once we stoped at a donut shop on the way to work, and a 3 year old boy says to his mother "Mommy why is that boy wearing a dress?" The mother was so embarrased but my friend got a kick out of it. Apparently the mother had just got done explaining why the boy had to get his hair cut short and his sister did not.

If it does start to get splotchy you'll probably have to shave it off anyway. I'm sure you can pull it off, no need for wigs. Good luck with the treatments and I wish you a quick and permanent recovery.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:27 PM

i think it looks good with platinum, but the pic is awfully small. so maybe it doesnt look great. and maybe it wouldnt look so good if it were too much thinner.

i say shave it or put a wig on, whatever's most convenient for you
Old 04-01-2005, 11:50 PM

I'd suggest cutting it very short, like 1/4 inch. When my wife went through chemo, she resisted cutting her hair for a long time and it was really getting awful. When she finally got it cut really short she was amazed at how much better it looked. (Oddly, it's a lot harder to tell that really short hair is patchy).

Also, she bought a wig. She wore it a fair amount, but she complained about it a fair amount, too. (Apparently they are not the most comfortable things to wear).