Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: women drivers?

Women drivers are just terrible. Whenever someones being ridiculously passive while driving to the point it obstructs traffic, or generally doing idiotic things, its always some crayzay biazatch
Old 12-12-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Women drivers are just terrible. Whenever someones being ridiculously passive while driving to the point it obstructs traffic, or generally doing idiotic things, its always some crayzay biazatch

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread makes me l o l
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 AM

There is a slight difference in hemispheric specialization between men and women, but there's so much crossover and so many exceptions that this idea is largely redundant. There's also much debate as to whether these differences are socialized.

So maybe there's a bit of something in that, but there's so many exceptions it's pretty meaningless. What'd be more interesting is talking about these differences as they apply to poker.......
Old 12-12-2005, 04:25 PM

There was this one older lady at a full 5-10 game I was playing at a few months ago. I open AJo from middle position. She calls in the cutoff. Big blind calls.
Flop is xxJ. I bet, she calls, the big blind folds.
Turn is another random low card. I bet, she calls.
River is another piece of junk low card. I bet, she calls.

I show top pair, top kicker. She shows pocket queens. She scoops the pot.

This stuff happens all the time in live games. I generally respect the raises of the passive women players because of it.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) This ridiculously passive driver hasn't been in an accident or gotten a ticket in more than fifteen years (including several years and >200k miles of urban pizza delivery). When I encounter an aggressive driver, I want to get him as far out in front of me as possible so that I have time to react to and avoid his (or her) inevitable wreck. Perhaps we have different ideas of what constitues good driving.

2) My experience indicates that teaching a woman to drive a manual transmission is a very bad idea, unless you enjoy replacing clutches.

edit: I get perverse pleasure from watching people race from one stoplight to the next, only to sit and wait for the signal, while I cruise along at the correct speed, rarely touching the brake.

edit agin: My sainted [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] mother is the exception that proves #2.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:49 PM

Sounds like you drive like a pussy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. It took millions of years for my sex to evolve into testosterone-crazed lunatics behind the wheel, and I'm not going to let it go to waste [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Might I also add that man's superior rexflexes offsets his excessive speed; while we may create a good many accidents, we narrowly avoid a great many more.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:47 AM

Nah, you probably just drive like an [censored] and make the roads more dangerous for everyone else.

Driving 90mph rather than 80mph over 100m saves you 8 minutes.

Few things irritate me more than having some idiot whip there car in front of me only to get caught at the red light ahead of us. Congratulations on saving yourself .05s.