Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: AK in level 1 with 2 raises before me

The bet of 75 reeks of AQ,AK,KQ.Players will usually slowplay AA,KK,or QQs or bet 8-10 times the BB.betting 3-4 times the BB almost always ends up being AK,AQ,KQ.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bet of 75 reeks of AQ,AK,KQ.Players will usually slowplay AA,KK,or QQs or bet 8-10 times the BB.betting 3-4 times the BB almost always ends up being AK,AQ,KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. The minimum reraise preflop is often a danger sign.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:07 PM

It was not the minimum raise preflop though.BB was 15 to go.If it had been the minimum raise preflop I agree with you.That is why I posted earlier that someone with AA,KK,or QQ is more likely to slowplay meaning call or raise to 30 or bet much larger.Those are red flags.This situtation was not a minimum raise though
Old 06-01-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was not the minimum raise preflop though

[/ QUOTE ]

1 fold, UTG+1 calls t15, 1 fold, MP1 calls t15, MP2 raises to t45, MP3 raises to t75

MP2 raised to 45, and MP3 reraised THE MINIMUM to 75.

A minimum reraise is alarming.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:58 PM

I see your point but, if mp3 is anygood they would realize the short stack is a weak player and they are trying to isolate.Very reasonable to believe that and 75 is enough to test hero.mp3 is given me no reason to believe he is holding a monster.Hero raising to 200 then short stack going all in making it 345 and mp3 just calls.Very likely mp3 is not holding AA,KK, or QQs.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point but, if mp3 is anygood they would realize the short stack is a weak player and they are trying to isolate.Very reasonable to believe that and 75 is enough to test hero.mp3 is given me no reason to believe he is holding a monster.Hero raising to 200 then short stack going all in making it 345 and mp3 just calls.Very likely mp3 is not holding AA,KK, or QQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good possibility that they are trying to isolate the short stack--yes. However, what makes you think shorty is a weak player?
Old 06-01-2005, 03:32 PM

The short stack is mighty small this early in the tournament.I asked the poster if the short stack got stung badly by a monster or was it just weak playing.Never responded.So I was just choosing one senciaro.That the short stack had been squandering chips.It would change things if they were a solid player yes.I think the poster is playing in a low stake sngo also.Chances are people are playing badly.I was guessing though because the poster was more interested in responding to one word written posts.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am fairly new here...is it very frowned upon to say if you won or lost and how?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally you want to omit the results in the initialy post so that it doesn't bias the responses. It's ok to let people know the results if they ask, but the idea is that the results aren't what matter, its your play that does.