Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: 5/10: DAM free card!

[ QUOTE ]
You're screwed preflop. You're screwed on the flop. You're screwed on the turn. The river gives you a glimmer of hope but his stack is too short to push him out.

In summary, you're screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what he said.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:13 PM

I think that you need to either muck PF (which I dont reccomend) or play the hand differently on the flop when you decided to call his PF re-raise. I dont like the check on the flop. Is there a time when you wouldnt call an all-in on this flop? Sure there is, but it's very read dependent. I think you have to bet this flop. How much? I dont know whats best, but i'd make a large bet, like the one you made on the turn.

If you flop Aces and Kings with no straight possible and the villain flopped a set, well, that's just a cold deck and I dont know how you get away from it.

On the turn, that was an UGLY card.

In conclusion, I'm not a good enough NL player to tell you the exact move for this bastard of a hand. All i know is that I'm betting that flop.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to c'r the flop since I'm convinced he'll bet. Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

given what happened preflop, do you really want him betting at this flop? yuck all the way around.