Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Eurobet says Party\'s charges were unilateral=> Skins didnt know?!

the tone of the whole statement, not just what was quoted in this thread implies that they didn't know. ie if they had known what was going to happen, their cashier wouldnt have broken.

again, not saying this is true, but I think that they do want people to think that they didn't know.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Of course it COULD mean that. But to conclude that it DOES mean that or LIKELY means that is terrible reading comprehension. Period.

Unilateral means one-sided. A one-sided decision doesn't mean the skins weren't aware of it, it just means their input didn't go into the coutcome. The tone sounds much more like they tried to fight it, but couldn't prevent it.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:29 PM

Regardless of whether they knew or not, the skins are not necesarily in a bad position.

From the looks of things they have between 8,000-12,000 active accounts. Say they lose another 25% once the dust settles and people are done migrating, so say 6,000-8,000.

This is not a bad place to start. If they actually start doing what they were supposed to do in the first place and market to NEW players, they could have a pretty decent medium to large size Poker room in a 6-12 months.

I did a big (for me) cashout from Eurobet as soon as I was able. However I left enough on the site to comfortably play a couple tables at a time, is the game selection warrants it (Which Sunday it did not).

So I really hope the skins pull it together. Perhaps following the Absolute model of aggressive marketing and frequent perks. Or even the PokerStars model of just simply a well run card room.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of whether they knew or not, the skins are not necesarily in a bad position.

From the looks of things they have between 8,000-12,000 active accounts. Say they lose another 25% once the dust settles and people are done migrating, so say 6,000-8,000.

This is not a bad place to start. If they actually start doing what they were supposed to do in the first place and market to NEW players, they could have a pretty decent medium to large size Poker room in a 6-12 months.

I did a big (for me) cashout from Eurobet as soon as I was able. However I left enough on the site to comfortably play a couple tables at a time, is the game selection warrants it (Which Sunday it did not).

So I really hope the skins pull it together. Perhaps following the Absolute model of aggressive marketing and frequent perks. Or even the PokerStars model of just simply a well run card room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they will lose much more than 25% once the dust setttles
Old 10-10-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't know about Empire, but there won't be anyone left on Eurobet.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all still linked together. Unless they start shooting off, which I don't think any of them are big enough to do.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all still linked together. Unless they start shooting off, which I don't think any of them are big enough to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't understand. Eurobet doesn't care if there are players on the network that aren't coming through their site. I mean, it's nice, but those guys don't add anything to their revenue. What I'm saying is that all the people who currently play through Eurobet will leave.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:37 PM

There is certainly a bitter undertone. Here's the complete text:

Notice

You may have noticed that a few changes have occurred to our poker product over the weekend. These are a result of our poker supplier, PartyGaming, unilaterally implementing certain technical and operational changes.

On the technical side, you may have experienced difficulties with the poker cashier during a period running from 5pm GMT on Saturday. The difficulties were a result of the system change being performed by PartyGaming and were, unfortunately, therefore completely beyond our control. We wish to stress that at no point was your account or the integrity of our poker product at any risk.

Everything is now back to normal. The main operational change you will notice is that we, together with PartyGaming's other skins, are now operating our poker product in a separate pool.

Finally we wish to thank you for your patience and understanding during this period.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:01 PM

Of course the skins didn't know.