Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: The one month $2000 pre-college challenge...

[ QUOTE ]
i turned $11 into alittle over 1k in a week playing NL$25, $50, and $100. it definately possible. good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

what? you must have run really really well...
Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i turned $11 into alittle over 1k in a week playing NL$25, $50, and $100. it definately possible. good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

what? you must have run really really well...

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I had just had a really bad run and had cashed out most of my money to take some time off and i had $11 left, played a SnG won it and then went to the 6max ring games and the deck pretty much hit me in the face the whole week.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is very possible. i can message you my experience with this if you want...i'd post it, but i dont want to sound like im bragging as many posters here are successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure go ahead, I'd love to hear about someone else's experience.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:22 AM

when i was 8 tabling the 25nl games i made 2.5k in a month, and i suck. im sure its plenty possible
Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Thanks for you help

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. It looks as if this is mighty doable if I play the way I know how. I'll try to update this thread once I get going with questionable hands and also show some PT stats for some critique.

One last quick question. I was wondering what Empire Poker's relation is to Party. Are they basically the same games, same players, different site? What makes them a Party skin? I know this is a stupid question that anyone will likely be able to answer. I just was wondering if it might be worth it to open an account there if it's the same as party. I hear party has the best games because there are so many and they are easy to beat. Wondering if empire is the same. Thanks again for the help/support.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Thanks for you help

They are the exact same tables. That's what a 'skin' means. You should sign up if you want to play more than 4 party tables at once. Also if you want rakeback/bonuses whatever from Empire/PokerNow whatever. Also, I made a million dollars in one month when I started playing NL25. Fine, I didn't, but I could if I wanted to. And I suck.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Thanks for you help

Okay great. I guess a more reasonable post would be the "one month $1000000 pre-college challenge"? Maybe I should change it...
Old 08-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Update

Okay, off and running. I'm clearing the party bonus right now and then am going to switch over to empire in about a week. Also got someone else to sign up at party, so there's a little extra. Played 285 hands today, got KK busted by 77 all-in preflop and had AA beat by a flopped straight with villian holding 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he pushed after I bet, but his push was only for $10 so I figured it might be top pair and I had odds to call. Despite that, found a way to make some money. So:

Hands: 285
Up: +17.71

Question for any of you out there, at party how long do you think it takes four tabling to play 500 raked hands? Thanks for help.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:24 PM

Sounds like a good plan until you hit a bad run of card. Just learn how to play correctly and in the long run it will pay off. Sure it will be nice to get some cash before college which I take is your goal. But the only way to get to the big games and make the real money is study, play, review and repeat. I think you anyone can make 2k on PP if they play enough hours and just play tight, but you gotta play a lot of hours and probably will develop bad leaks that cost you in the long run.