Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker Stats after 150k hands (.5/1) and 30k hands(1/2)...

Why I played so many hands at .5/1??

When I started playing, I had a limited bankroll, and my current bankroll habits are less then stellar, partly in part to me being a college student, I am constantly tapping into my bankroll and using my poker winnings to pay for many things in my life. Basically poker has been my primary source of income since the end of high school for me. So I usually have never had a large bankroll in any sites at any one time, so I always have been just playing .5/1 for the most part becuase with my money situations, it was what i was most comfortable with. Furthermore, as I was consistently beating the .5/1 game combined with my finacial situations, I never saw a reason to move up.

Thanks for the advice posted thus far it is much appreciated.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:40 PM

No one else pointed this out, so I thought I would mention that the vpip to preflop raise ratio is a little off. A vpip of 23 itself is a bit high, but not nazi psycho high, and you can win with that vpip at .5/1 Party. But if you have a vpip that high you need a higher preflop raise to go with it. 23/12 would be better. You are likely open limping a bit too often.

For 1/2, again, 19 vpip is fine, but try to raise more preflop. 19/10 would be a little better.

Oh, and stats posts go in the stats thread, but you are a nice guy so I won't hold it against you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Just so you know for next time.)

Oh, and post more dude! (If you want an old account back pm me and I can get you the password.)
Old 11-02-2005, 10:15 PM

I was gonna say you were playing too much from the SB, but dang, nice win-rate!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:59 PM

Alright, so basically from what people have said, I need to be mroe agressive when defending my blinds and I need to be more agressive when attemping to steal blinds. Also, I need to stop open limping as much.

I think I am going to try and log many more hands at 1/2 and then hopefully reevaluate my play after working on the things peole have suggested. After that I will maybe start focusing on trying to play the 2/4 game or maybe even the 3/6 (6 max).

Thanks again for the suggestions and advice, it is much appreciated.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:56 AM

When I was playing party fullring, my vpip was low 20s as well, 22/9.71 A couple of those points are probably due to me limping KJ/QJ and sometimes KT in early position. I think that if you realize your vpip is low 20s and you feel comfortable playing that way then it's all good. Many of us have adopted "typical" TAG strategies, but it's important to realize that it's not the only way to play winning poker. This has been emphasized before, just repeating here for posterity.

My 6-max vpip, well that's another story [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] When I get up to 10k hands you'll be seeing a post about that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]