Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: \"The Nuts\" - Andy Block vs. Lie Detector.

Throwing cards at bananas, rock-scissors- paper, Hellmouth vs. Norman Chad telling lies, Indian poker, Bloch vs. the Machine…all these are just freaking worthless.

Rather than subjecting us to this crap, ESPN ought to spend more time telling us stack size, blind amounts, where the button is currently positioned and showing us more hands that end on the flop or turn, rather than this freaking all-in festival the WSOP broadcasts have become.

The WSOP is dead to me. I spit on its bones...can't wait for the Main Event.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:26 PM

I didn't even read what that guy said, but I'm pretty sure Penn does not smoke at all. He said he's never smoked or drank any type of drug in his life.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the lie detector got every question right. The 4-5 was merely Andy's score and was completely independent of the lie detector. He wasn't actually competing against the lie detector.

[/ QUOTE ]

That can't be right, since Andy got the first two wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in the score, the lie detector started off 2-0 and andy started off 0-2. What's your point / what's the relevance?
Old 10-05-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the lie detector got every question right. The 4-5 was merely Andy's score and was completely independent of the lie detector. He wasn't actually competing against the lie detector.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And in the score, the lie detector started off 2-0 and andy started off 0-2. What's your point / what's the relevance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, my bad, I thought 4-5 was Andy 4 right, LD 5 right, which would indicate the LD must have missed some. Instead it's Andy 4 right and 5 wrong, LD 9-0?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't even read what that guy said, but I'm pretty sure Penn does not smoke at all. He said he's never smoked or drank any type of drug in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if he drinks or does drugs but I've seen him smokes cigars.

I said that he used his forum on "bullshit" (which otherwise was a great show) to state that no one had proven second hand smoke had health consequences on the people subjected to it. In my opinion, he let his own habit dictate
the content of the show. So "Bullshit" became bullshit.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that he used his forum on "bullshit" (which otherwise was a great show) to state that no one had proven second hand smoke had health consequences on the people subjected to it. In my opinion, he let his own habit dictate

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wade through all the conflicting information on the subject myself because I'm just not that interested. But there is a strong possibility that Penn is correct. Perhaps it's your biasis at work rather than his...

--Zetack
Old 10-06-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Bullshit! is an amazing show. I've downloaded nearly every episode. S

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, my favorite is "the best". "The best" realy is total bullshit!
Old 10-06-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have said that the show is not objective, and the show is not about being objective either, its about showing that some things are just bullshit.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wade through all the conflicting information on the subject myself because I'm just not that interested. But there is a strong possibility that Penn is correct. Perhaps it's your biasis at work rather than his...

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read the public health research articles nor do I consider myself qualified to properly analyze them (though I am clueful). However, I'm fairly willing to trust the NIH on this one and they estimate that about 1 percent of people dying from tobacco smoke die not from primary cigarette inhalation, but from second hand smoke. Given how awful cigarette smoke is for you (there's a solid tome of scientific literature corroborating that one) and that cigarette smoke can have 400 chemicals including 20 known carcinogens (as well as oxygen-robbing carbon monoxide), I don't think it's unreasonable to say cigarette smoke is unhealthful to a serious extent.

You aren't a smoker perchance, are you? I've definitely seen addiction undermine reason and consistently so with nicotine addiction. The use of nicotine causes addiction in more cases than any other known psychoactive substance.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, my bad, I thought 4-5 was Andy 4 right, LD 5 right, which would indicate the LD must have missed some. Instead it's Andy 4 right and 5 wrong, LD 9-0?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you are catching on.