Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: SSHE playing any 2 suited cards in the SB?

hey fathomer

if you feel uncomfortable playing weak hands like this out of position just because it is cheap, then passing on them may be better for now. but if you decide to continue playing these suited hands just wait for bigger hands to go past the flop like trips, flushes, straights, or flush draws/open ended (not the sucker end), or flush and straight draws. just forget playing them for pair value.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SSHE suggests playing any two suited cards in the small blind in both loose and tight games. Does anybody feel this is too loose? PT is showing that I am losing money doing this. It's very likely that I may be going to far with them as well. Should I alter the SB requirement? Maybe suited connectors only?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the blind structure? If it's 1/3 of a bet, you should tighten up. But for 1/2 bet, I would complete if there are two limpers. One limper makes me stop and think a little bit about the skill of the limper and blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are our standards for a 3/5 or 2/3? The SB is .15 some .25/.5 tables.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:30 AM

I like thinking of the SB as the position that thought forgot and will play most anything from here when it isn't raised. Axo, anything suited, un-suited gappers, un-suited connctors. Just giving PT a quick look see, my biggest loses come when I over play tp/wk, usually into tp/bk or an over pair and make stupid calls. Of course the biggest wins come when lightning strikes or from quality hands holding up. After 3,572 hands in the SB I've got a vpip of 43%, a win rate of 12% and am down .09 BB/100.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 AM

Complete - fold to BB raise without several callers - see flop - c/f UI.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SSHE suggests playing any two suited cards in the small blind in both loose and tight games. Does anybody feel this is too loose? PT is showing that I am losing money doing this. It's very likely that I may be going to far with them as well. Should I alter the SB requirement? Maybe suited connectors only?

[/ QUOTE ]

well ill go against the grain.... i fold the vast majority of suited hands from SB.

only J+xs or at most 1 gapped suited connectors

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you are losing +EV. The biggest advantage to the SB for a TAG is playing non-standard hands for .5SB. Last night I made a T high flush with 7 4 on a K 8 3 board. By the riv, it was a 12BB pot as both weak Ks paid me off.

With 2 suited, you make your 5 card flush ~6% of the time pf but 38% with 4 to it on the flop. This play is -EV HU with the BB, but pays nicely with limpers.

SB - the LAG seat for TAGs!!
Old 12-06-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are our standards for a 3/5 or 2/3? The SB is .15 some .25/.5 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 is an auto-complete with a super-wide range of hands. With two or three bad limpers, I might start auto-completing anything if BB doesn't raise much (especially live -- folding for 1/3 SB in a multiway pot looks very obviously tight, which is not the image you want to project and image matters much more at a live table than online). I don't know what to say at 2/5 except that it's just a little tighter than 2/3.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:49 PM

A critical lesson I learned when reading WLLHE is that if you have a flush draw on the flop and both of your cards are not overcards to the board, you should not re-raise a bet to you. You should not try to protect your hand in that situation. Maybe that's where you might be losing some extra bets?