Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: WPT Backing - CSC

If anyone is interested in buying a large amount of shares in CSC at a discount to the price he is offering shares at, please PM me.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:55 PM

Ah, El Diablo. I was waiting to see who would be the Strasser in this thread. I like the way you did it though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Offering shares at a discounted price is effectively betting against me. I wish you luck in this. Hell, 85% of the time you'll be making money.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, El Diablo. I was waiting to see who would be the Strasser in this thread. I like the way you did it though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Offering shares at a discounted price is effectively betting against me. I wish you luck in this. Hell, 85% of the time you'll be making money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hope you don't really wish me luck.

Anyway, I don't think this is a great deal for 2+2ers, however it's still a fun way for anyone who considers you a friend to show their support for you and take a little gamble on your tourney. I think those who want to buy a piece of you because they like you should definitely do so.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:42 AM

I am intersted, and I wish you luck.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:45 AM

I agree with you El D, and I hope people don't look at this as an investment. I would be very uncomfortable if someone wanted to put $500 on just one event of mine. Nor do I feel comfortable doing a long-term deal like Sirio offered - just a lot of pressure. However, I like what I offer because, kinda like sports betting, it gives people a vested interest in my performance. Posters can watch the chip counts on CardPlayer and say, "hey look at that! I own .5% of that guy!"

So can I put you down for a share? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CSC
Old 08-19-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have already purchased my seat for $5150. I will be selling $25 shares and encourage investors to buy as many as desired. For this event, there are 206 shares available.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I read this correctly, you are willing to sell 100% of your action at face value for the Legends event and for increments as low as $25?
Old 08-19-2005, 01:15 AM

CSC,

Based on your post, you are selling all of your tourney buyin. You don't mention how much for travel expenses. I calculate 206 x 25 as the total of 5150. Are you selling all of yourself? If so, I will not buy... if you're keeping half, I might buy.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:21 AM

I have 200 shares from CSC, and 5000 from El Diablo. If CSC cashes, I will be retiring.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 200 shares from CSC, and 5000 from El Diablo. If CSC cashes, I will be retiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Yeah, El D must have must have quit a bank account to be able to pay out if I win. I'll do my best to bankrupt him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CSC,

Based on your post, you are selling all of your tourney buyin. You don't mention how much for travel expenses. I calculate 206 x 25 as the total of 5150. Are you selling all of yourself? If so, I will not buy... if you're keeping half, I might buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm keeping at least one share [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
The travel expenses are like $5 for gas per day. That's on me. But I'll likely do this again for Aruba for which Air and hotel will be about $1400. Seriously though, I am perfectly willing to sell 205 shares though I don't think it'll even get close to that. I think most people are going to prefer to buy between 1-4 shares, and I don't imagine more than 20-30 people will buy. I'm thinking investors will purchase about $1000 of this event, but of course, that all remains to be seen.

CSC