Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Another 10-20 Hand.. FOURTH STREET.......

You wouldn't, I wouldn't, but I see this all the time from bad players.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:18 AM

Default FOURTH STREET.. my thoughts...

Hello All,

I thought fourth street was interesting.. I briefly touched upon this in a response I posted to Andy, but for those of you that didn't read it.. I will elaborate.

Now that I have added a pair to my st8flsh draw, given the large size of the pot, I thought I was better off trying to get at least one of the hands out.. especially given that they all caught 'bad'..

Now when I checked ( after capping third ), I was PRAYING the original 3 better with the Ace would bet..So I could checkraise.. I really wanted the Queen hand outta there, and quickly.. Now the worst ( or best considering that I had a high probability of having the worst hand at the time ) that could happen, was that it was checked around. Which if it was, I could come up with something creative on 5th depending on the boards.. I just didn't see the point of betting ten bucks with the worst hand at the time, KNOWING everyone had an auto call.. BUT given the fact that I had a hand that was clearly worth a call of a bet,or two,or even three.. I figured I would be better off trying to get rid of some dead weight.

SO needless to say I was happy when the Ace bet...

I was also UNHAPPY when everyone called the twenty bucks I made it.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Stay tuned for the upcoming Fifth Street Post.. Things get really fun there...

CJ
Old 06-15-2004, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Another 10-20 Hand.. FOURTH STREET.......

The reason I don't think you want them out is because I think that you're going to have to make trips or better in order to win this hand. If you do happen to make a big hand, I think it's better to have players in than not, especially guys with one pair who are drawing relatively slim against you. I also don't think that you're going to get them out. If they called all those bets with one pair on third, they're probably calling two on fourth.