Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Raked or Cortributed Raked Caribbean Sun Fraud

trying to be knowledgeable = being a jackass?
i am looking to understand so no more mistakes are made
Old 04-05-2005, 01:24 AM

oops, thought you were being sarcastic. I'm guessing you're not a native english speaker. Caribbean lists their terms for the bonus clearing as raked hands, but I think Caribbean Sun and perhaps PokerPlex both have been releasing their bonuses when the total hands played mark has been met, rather than total raked hands.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:31 AM

I have cleared bonuses every month on most of the crypto sites and as far as i know for the bonus you do not need to have contributed to the pot at any of their sites. When Carribeansun refers to participating hands I believe they are referring to earning the refer a friend bonus not the new player or monthly bonus. As of last month they doubled the requirement to earn the $40 monthly bonus from 250 to 500 hands so I took them off my list of monthly bonuses to earn. Interpoker has been removed this month when they increased their requirment.

In answer to your questions sites vary on whether they require participation in the pot for a raked hand to count. I always seek details before I participate at a new site. At this time the easiest bonuses by far can be earned at party poker and her skins.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:46 PM

THank you for the reply. As I downloaded the crypto counter and it gave me both. I had participated <font color="red"> </font> ( not contributed) <font color="black"> </font> in enough hands to qualify for the sign up bonus but when i called them directly they stated that fewer than half qualified as i must be a contributing player to the pot to qualify as a raked hand to clear my bonus.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:49 PM

I am an English nativre but a poor typist. I tlooks like Sun has changed with out posting clear definitions. Oh well as soon as my pin arrives I am Outta there.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:35 AM

grinder you still are confusing me. I use cryptocounter and it counts all hands you were dealt in and raked hands that you were dealt in. It does not count hands that you contributed to because the crypto sites don't consider it when coounting raked hands. Unless caribbean has changed the way they count hands you are looking at raked hands and dealt hands on cryptocounter
Old 04-06-2005, 01:50 AM

when i called them they stated that i needed to contribute to the pot to be considered as a raked hand to clear my bonus. Not hands that i was dealt cards in which there was a rake taken.

the rep "sean" said that was the way it always was

i am hoping others by reading these posts will be able to make an informed desision to stay away from such a shady practices site.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:03 PM

I did some research on various poker sites and when I could not find a clear definition of a 'raked hand,' I emailed tech support. In most cases I received an answer which clarified the definition. Here's what I found out:

Caribbean Sun: a raked hand is any in which you were active (i.e. received cards), and the pot was raked. You do not have to contribute by bet or post.

The definition for InterPoker and PokerPlex was the same (because these are all Cryptos I think). InterPoker and PokerPlex have monthly bonuses (just like Caribbean Sun), so I thought you might be interested in knowing.

Sun Poker also has a monthly bonus (and I think its a Crypto, but I'm not sure), but it has a differest definition or a raked hand - you must CONTRIBUTE to the raked pot. It does not matter how much, it can be only a single bet, or even just a SB.

So no, there is no standard definition. Other sites say you have to contribute AND see the flop, others have a system where contributing MORE accumulates more bonus points (which in turn release your bonus).

One question: I couldn't help but notice that most of the above sites have wording similar to, 'after you meet the requirements, you will be able to bring your bonus to the tables. The bonus will not be relected in your account, but it will be available to use at the tables.' This sounded a little ominous to me as it implies that there may be some different requirment to CASH OUT that bonus money.

Can someone who has cashed out these bonuses at any/all of the above sites shed some light on that part of the situation?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:11 PM

There's no requirement on cashing out the bonus, other than the $1 service charge they hand to you per cashout.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:18 PM

SunPoker = Caribbean Sun Poker. I was unclear on this until I went to www.sunpoker.com, and downloaded the client. The download is called CarribeanSunPoker.exe. Now I'm sure that they are one and the same.

-Freeze