Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: AA - What Should I Have Done Differently?

[ QUOTE ]
Not raising this flop most likely cost you the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP already called one on the flop. The only possible way he is folding now is if UTG+1 3-bets.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:57 PM

I haven't read the other replies but....FPS.

Fancy Play Syndrom is all I'm seeing on the posts tonight. Guys, when you have the best hand....BET IT! Jesus! Do you want to make money here or not?!?!?!?
Old 01-02-2005, 12:24 AM

Raise the flop. Why wait to push out draws? Get them out ASAP, especially with unimproved AA.

The check on the river was ok if you really felt you were beat If you get sucked out with a 9, two pair, or a set so be it. It wasn't played villan had KK was it?
Old 01-02-2005, 02:16 AM

I bet the river every time. Other than that, I'd probably play it the same way you did, except that I might raise the flop, given that there are only 3 players in the hand, so it isn't as important to protect your hand.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh btw guys, what do you do when you bet this river and are check/raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. But when I bet this river and they just call with their pair of Kings or whatever, I don't have to make such decisions. And this is what will happen a remarkably high amount of the time.

Seriously I would play KQ just like our opponent did here and when you check your AA through on the end I feel fantastic about saving a bet and you become my passive target for the evening.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-02-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh btw guys, what do you do when you bet this river and are check/raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. But when I bet this river and they just call with their pair of Kings or whatever, I don't have to make such decisions. And this is what will happen a remarkably high amount of the time.

Seriously I would play KQ just like our opponent did here and when you check your AA through on the end I feel fantastic about saving a bet and you become my passive target for the evening.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't answer my question. What do you do WHEN you get check/raised? This is the reason I don't bet the river as much as I should, because I don't know what to do when it happens. That is why I asked.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:48 AM

I answered it. I said "it depends". Seriously that's why I use PT and PlayerView etc. and try to get a read on my opponents and then make a read-based decision. By default at 0.50/1 I would call but I hate making default plays.

I sorta went off on a tangent because I completely understand your position. It sucks to bet and get checkraised and it sucks more not to know what to do at that point. I am just trying to stress that a lot of times that won't occur and even when it does you will win more than 0% of the time. Bet those rivers!

-DeathDonkey