Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Is This How Limit Is Played?

Hey guys did you see the board? Q23o, SB cold calls 2 what exactly is my bet going to accomplish against SB and his range of hands? There are no draws there, he has something. Though maybe it's a worse ace.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:25 PM

Then check the turn and fold the river unimproved. We're just saying if you feel you must put exactly one big bet into the pot on the later streets, it's better done as a turn bet than a river call.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:33 PM

I'd bet the turn. I don't see you getting raised by any hand you are drawing live to, and UTG might be content to call you down with a weaker ace as well for an added bonus.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you not bet the turn if you could beat the hand you're inducing the bluff from on the river? Wouldn't you just be missing a value bet and giving them infinite odds to draw out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if they would fold to the turn bet, but would bet the river unimproved. Against a hand that will call anyways, sure go ahead and bet, thats not what bluff inducing is for.

lf
Old 09-16-2005, 10:56 PM

I think the flop raise is usually a bad play.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you not bet the turn if you could beat the hand you're inducing the bluff from on the river? Wouldn't you just be missing a value bet and giving them infinite odds to draw out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if they would fold to the turn bet, but would bet the river unimproved. Against a hand that will call anyways, sure go ahead and bet, thats not what bluff inducing is for.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

If he folds here is this really an ev loss? Don't all of your arguments not apply in a 3 way pot with the bad player acting as the FPS killer?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:23 PM

You must have stopped reading half way through my post, or didn't read it very closely.

lf
Old 09-16-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Clear cut on all streets....

Raise. Raise. Check. Fold.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:07 AM

I don't play in games where this stuff happens enough for me to think deeply about it, so I may be wrong here...

I really don't think you can ever (I don't use this word casually) show a profit with trying to induce a river bluff unless the pot is small. Since he will also bet with his good hands and some of his bluffs may beat you, how exactly are you going to show a profit?

Doing some shorthanded mental math (I'm at work) If the pot is 10bb he will have to bluff bet the river 35% (40% of the time he has nothing) of the time in order for this to be an ev neutral play assuming he has 6 good outs. Is my math wrong?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:34 AM

On a rainbow board, I don't really like the flop raise. On a Q high flop I think you might just be able to fold.