FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: tile or epoxy
tile 1 8.33%
epoxy 8 66.67%
other 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Malkmus or Date

Who the hell are Steve Malkmus and the Jicks and also, what a horrible, horrible name for a band.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:48 PM

When you look back on life, which memory are you going to enjoy more. The memory of one more broad you stuck it in, that bleeds into all the other memories of broads you stuck it in. Or the memory of a getting to see a show that you are going to view as kickass.

I'd invite her to go anyway, when she says no, I'd go to the conert. But id still invite her anyway, cuz its easily +EV
Old 06-12-2005, 09:52 PM

If you're THAT certain you guys won't be compatible, then Malkmus easily.

But I get the feeling you can't possibly be sure enough that she's just a 2-date woman.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell are Steve Malkmus and the Jicks and also, what a horrible, horrible name for a band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve Malkmus is/was the lead singer of Pavement (one of the most influential indy rock bands). He set out on his own (with the Jicks) and basically his solo music kicks almost as much ass as Pavement.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:56 PM

He's playing what looks like for free at Battery Park with Yo La Tengo and Laura Cantrell, so there's a potential backup plan.

But really this depends on the likelihood that he plays Cut Your Hair.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so I don't see this as gf-potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

My response totally relies on how sure you are of this. And judging by your post, you already sound pretty confident. Yes, you could could hit the lottery as old dirty Clarkmeister says. However, you could also end up meeting a super cool chick at the Fillmore. Put your poker mind to good use and calculate your long term EV of either situation.

If it was me I'd ask her face to face what she thought of:
"Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks". If she didn't know who they were I would play a song or two for her. If lights go on, then I ask her to go with. If she doesn't perk up, I leave the her at home.

It's your life though.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:00 PM

I voted date just because I don't think Malkmus' live show is awesome. It's a good show, don't get me wrong, but not something I need to see twice. Also, I'm not a fan of his new album, and since that's what he's going to be playing mostly, I'd have to go with the woman.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you look back on life, which memory are you going to enjoy more. The memory of one more broad you stuck it in, that bleeds into all the other memories of broads you stuck it in. Or the memory of a getting to see a show that you are going to view as kickass.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes to women, I really like the way you think.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd invite her to go anyway, when she says no, I'd go to the conert. But id still invite her anyway, cuz its easily +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for this. If you test the waters and they don't feel warm then it's a huge gamble. It could very easily end up being the best or the worst night ever.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm not a fan of his new album, and since that's what he's going to be playing mostly, I'd have to go with the woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to listen to it a couple of times to get into it.

I wasn't particularly fond of it when I first popped into my CD player, but upon subsequent listenings I really started to see its merits.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes to women, I really like the way you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

why's it gotta be so one sided man, why cant you realize I kickass when it comes to everything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for this. If you test the waters and they don't feel warm then it's a huge gamble. It could very easily end up being the best or the worst night ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically maybe, but in this situation I don't think so. She is a succesful confident women, so shes only going to go if she wants to and knows of the band most likely. Which is why im asking her, because if shes heard of them and enjoys them, then thats kickass.

However if she doesnt and just wants to go because she wants to bone me, thats fine too. Because like I said, she sounds like a succesful confident women, so im not going to feel the need to baby sit her at the concert, so its not going to ruin my buzz any if shes there. If we were talking about your typical low self esteem young woman, then it would be a whole diff story, because then you have to deal with the possibility of drama and what not. but since diablo likes her, Im guessing thats not the case here.