Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: QQ - Raise/fold the turn

I don't think raising this turn is a good idea.

what is your reason for raising the turn?

just curious...

does it make us more money when ahead or lose less when behind or...???

-WT
Old 11-08-2005, 07:43 PM

i don't see how you're ever ahead when this gets 3-bet, but i suppose the issue is really whether to show down at the expense of letting BB draw cheaply. but i'm not sure given BB's preflop 3-bet that he very frequently has that many outs against you. of course, since you really don't even have a miracle river card left in the deck, i suppose it makes sense to save yourself outs and charge UTG if he's betting a worse hand. me likey.

since the other option is to show down for the same amount, but give BB a chance to catch, your raise is a parlay that me like.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:07 PM

It's a tough spot because getting three-bet on the turn means you are often going to make a mistake against whatever hand he is actually holding. If you knew he had a straight, then calling the three-bet would be wrong. If you knew he had a set (or two pair or even something goofy that you are actually ahead of) then folding would be wrong. But you don't know which it is, so no matter what you pick you know that your turn raise has forced you to sometimes do the wrong thing. OTOH, if your hand is best, it sucks to let BB see the river cheap. But how likely is that? And if he has something like AK isn't there a good chance he won't overcall the turn here anyway?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:33 PM

my thinking might be weak tight here, so please respond to my response. I don't see the raise here.

An inside straight draw would not get the odds anyway, flush draw or better hand (2 pair or set) not going anywhere and a straight gonna get reraised ( I would think ). Only hand I can see having an effect on is one pair tryin to hit kicker ( 5 outs) which is on borderline odds wise, probably less considering the board.

If I am investing 2 bets on this am going for showdown with it....like I said , though, my thinking might be weak tight. Please comment.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:06 PM

I think it's worth peeling 1 on this turn to hit 2pair or a set (if he has 2pair or a set) or to try to chop with a straight on board (if he has any of the before or that or an understraight made already).

Anyone want to twodimes this giving him appropriate 2p, set, and straight holdings?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:11 PM

Evan,

I don't like it because it's very easy for UTG to 3-bet two pair and also possible when you raise that he knows it's with the intention of folding to a 3-bet. I mean...it's pretty obvious to a thinking player. However, I'm sure that's giving UTG way more credit than he deserves. So, I don't think it's terrible. But I'd much prefer to call down.

Chief
Old 11-08-2005, 10:17 PM

Really call down? Or call/fold UI? Do you think UTG is "making a move" enough of the time?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:28 PM

An unknown...at 15/30...on a scary board...yes.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:01 AM

I think this is an easy fold. I really cannot see to many people bluff bet/3 betting on a board like this. I think the best spot u are in is if he has like 2 pair, and u have outs to counterfeit them. I fold this everytime with no read