Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: When things are going good

[ QUOTE ]
OK I'll bite. I can see why for you and select other top players/posters you might be missing out on a slightly +EV situation by folding, but are you suggesting that this is a clear call for everyone on this forum even if their post flop skills aren't as good as yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all: Honestly, I'm not *that* good postflop. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate myself maybe a 6. It's just that nobody else in SNG land is ever over a 4...anyway:

[ QUOTE ]
UTG seems ok, but he doesn't scare me. UTG +1 is tighter and I am cautious with him. Player to my right is loose passive. SB is the best player (other than me ) Tight, aggressive. BB is quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, we have an SNG where Hero has some good reads. One tight guy has folded, two limpers both kinda suck, the SB won't come in without a monster and BB will check. You have 80 BB behind (not 40), position, and are up against people with 40/60 BB stacks that will call off all of them with K9s on a 976 board. This is a call, I don't think it's close, and you don't have to be at all good to make it unless you call off *your* whole stack every time the flop comes 752.

With respect to the amount of limpers, it depends. Position is crucial, however.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: When things are going good

After I get two calls of my flop bet, I start to worry about a made straight and 99 from UTG. I think I check behind on the turn and call the river.

Edit: You've shown nothing but strength on this semi-scary flop, what could UTG or CO possibly call that turn bet with that you beat?

Better to check behind the turn and try to snap off a busted straight draw river bluff.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: When things are going good RESULT

Thanks for the replies.

UTG turned over 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for a flopped top two pair. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But I did go on to win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]