Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Two tough hands

Im never folding hand 1.

A donk bet on the turn when the board pairs can mean anything. With only 1 overcard in a decent sized pot id need a good read to fold this. I like einbert's line here.

Hand2- i like.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:30 AM

Hand1: i would fold this on the turn, if he is not a very loose, very stupid and/or very bluff-loving player

Hand2:
I think to get some information about the hand of the bettor you should reraise. If he 3-bets you can fold (maybe call and watch the turn but fold the turn if no 9 comes), because it is very possible that he only bluffs here or protect a hand like AK or a pocket.
And your Hand is marginal, so you MUST PROTECT IT. If you raise and he only wanted to protect a Hand like AKs (like you ^^ but you have the very better position) or a pocket, I think he will fold. Most players call without thinkin such raise, what is good for you, because not thinkin is in most situations wrong and there desicions will be -EV, or they will fold, because they think you must have a full house here if you raise. Your chances to get the pot now are very good I think.
Dont forget if you raise: if someone reraises you can fold. Even if he not holds FH or 4 of a Kind he probably has AA, KK, QQ and is not the worst player.
In my opinion that raise is very nessessary to play AKs here. And believe me, AKs has good chances to be the best on an paired board.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:39 AM

Am I the only one raising the flop in hand 2? The pot is quite big. I want SB out (turns out he folded anyway but that may not have happened) and also wouldn't mind picking up a free card on the turn (or a free showdown, depending on the opponents).
Old 06-18-2005, 11:20 AM

blindpost:

hand 1 is no good.

hand 2: raise the flop to win free river card. The pot is big, we should what it takes to win it. Play aggressivly