Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Whats your move here with Top pair top kicker?

You have an easily dominated hand out of position with not many chips to fool around with? There's 3 reasons.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:51 PM

agreed im just asking im not saying im right i think i was wrong to call. I should have pushed or folded... I just like to see what others thought process. While i dont think the call is "horrible" It was def a long term losing decision.... (if there is a dif between the two i guess)
Old 07-25-2005, 01:58 PM

On the scale of 1-10 (1 being terrible, 10 being great), I'd give your PF call a 4.5. So no, it wasn't TERRIBLE, but you got put in a difficult position and possibly gave away your chips with the best hand.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the scale of 1-10 (1 being terrible, 10 being great), I'd give your PF call a 4.5. So no, it wasn't TERRIBLE, but you got put in a difficult position and possibly gave away your chips with the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give it a 4.8 .....
Old 07-25-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I give it a 4.8 .....

[/ QUOTE ]

i give it a 2.5.

I'm surprised no one is thinking what I'm thinking... if Alex wants to play this hand he needs to get it heads up or muck it. That said, is it too early to think push/fold? Generally, I would avoid this situation unless I have a VERY good read on the villian, in LP. Assuming I had a read on LP, I push all-in PF.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 PM

I think its a good fold hard to see a pair of jacks ahead of 2 people there.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i give it a 2.5.

I'm surprised no one is thinking what I'm thinking... if Alex wants to play this hand he needs to get it heads up or muck it. That said, is it too early to think push/fold? Generally, I would avoid this situation unless I have a VERY good read on the villian, in LP. Assuming I had a read on LP, I push all-in PF.

I give it a 4.8 .....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3K challenge when you come up to NY to play. We will have to score more than 3K net in 1 week of 1-2NL new york. Perhaps we will make it 10K if we get a few more 2+2 to join us on the club raids....
Old 07-25-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have an easily dominated hand out of position with not many chips to fool around with? There's 3 reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2005, 03:40 PM

I know a lot of people are saying fold preflop, but its only 150 to you in the BB. I think AJs is too good to lay down here. On the flop I lead out for all in. This is the best flop you could have hoped for (better then an Ace flopping). I don't think your hand is strong enough for a check raise here. If the villians are known to sneak in with big pairs, I may fold preflop.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of people are saying fold preflop, but its only 150 to you in the BB. I think AJs is too good to lay down here. On the flop I lead out for all in. This is the best flop you could have hoped for (better then an Ace flopping). I don't think your hand is strong enough for a check raise here. If the villians are known to sneak in with big pairs, I may fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I aggree i feel like i played this awful both PF and on the flop. But it worked out (this time) for the best. Next time im looking to get my chips in PF or fold. And i def should push on that flop it was what i was waiting for.