Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: ruined by the river

[ QUOTE ]
yup... this was also my plan for the river... but then i disliked the river card... i'm wondering if it really changes anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it changes anything. Let me flip it around if checked to on the turn would he bet anything but an ace? Personally i have a hard time not wanting to get to showdown against an aggressive player with a hand as strong as yours but it sounds like you have a pretty good handle on this guys post flop play. I know i wouldn't check the turn unless it was with the intention of check/folding. So i guess at that point i really think you have to decide if your showing this down or not. This of course assumes the river isn't another overcard to your pair of jacks.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM

he goes too far with top/mid pairs.

if it was a K or a Q there, i'd be more inclined to believe he'd raise with an 8, but we've had enough battles and i've 3-bet c/r's enough (aggressively, even) that i don't think he c/r's me w/o a hand he's willing to showdown.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that i don't think he c/r's me w/o a hand he's willing to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean that he doesn't raise this turn without a hand he's willing to call a 3-bet with? Because otherwise I don't see how your read differs from my comment about him raising TT/99 and checking the river.

Scott
Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM

i'm not certain if bet the turn, c/call the river

c/call the turn, c/call the river

or

bet the turn, c/fold the river

is the right play

my intenton was to c/call the river... as i think villain will sometimes take a shot when i check... but i'm uncertain my bet/fold plan on the turn is solid. and now that the river decreases the possible holdings villain would play this way that i beat... i'm wondering if this is an easy muck
Old 12-05-2005, 06:07 PM

What hands, in addition to Ax and xx [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], will he call the flop with? The turn? What are the chances that he will smooth call the flop with Ax or xx [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? The turn? Also, what position was he in? A-rag would make a lot of sense here, but only if he's in the CO or OTB.

Scott