Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: What Is The Rule On A Muck ?

Once the cards are turned face up, CARDS SPEAK. Everything that happens afterwards, is irrelevant.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the cards are turned face up, CARDS SPEAK. Everything that happens afterwards, is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]
if he shows them and then mucks them, and the dealer doesnt see them, he loses. or at least he should lose.
plus i think theres a difference between showing and tabling.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cards speak at a showdown. If the other player doesn't turn them up and one guy does and then is dumb enough to muck them, he doesn't get the pot, plain and simple.

Player A shows cards and says "you have me beat" and tosses them in before player B tables his, player A just lost any claim to the pot as no one has seen player B's cards. If you want that pot, you WILL NOT muck your cards until a winner is declared. If you are dumb enough to toss them in before finding out who won, then you deserve to lose the pot.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont care if they were once turned up. like i said, its up to the dealer and the players involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you're in a game and see a player cheating in a hand you're not involved in, but you don't seem him cheating when you're in a hand. What do you do? Nothing, I guess.

Also, there is no conflict in the two original posts. They both say the same thing happened. The kid tabled his hand and then turned it over as if to muck it.

It's up to all the players to protect the integrity of the game.

Regards,

T
Old 04-11-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate. I don't understand the difference you seem to see. Also, the posts are clear that the player showed his hand, call it what you will.

Regards,

T
Old 04-11-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont care if they were once turned up. like i said, its up to the dealer and the players involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you're in a game and see a player cheating in a hand you're not involved in, but you don't seem him cheating when you're in a hand. What do you do? Nothing, I guess.

Also, there is no conflict in the two original posts. They both say the same thing happened. The kid tabled his hand and then turned it over as if to muck it.

It's up to all the players to protect the integrity of the game.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]
youre wrong, there is a conflict, one post says the cards were mucked, the other says the guy tabled them, turned them over and then somebody told him to turn them faceup again. how can the guy tell him to turn his cards over if they were mucked?
the integrity isnt hurt if the moran folded a winning hand.
somebody cheating and somebody being stupid are not close to being the same thing.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate. I don't understand the difference you seem to see. Also, the posts are clear that the player showed his hand, call it what you will.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]
showing: i have cards in my hand and flash them and then either toss them or hold them or whatever.
tabling: i put my cards faceup on the table making it apparent i am contesting the pot
im not sure, but i dont think dealers can read cards unless theyre tabled.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
friendly semipro player who told the guy to turn his cards over should have kept his mouth shut

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me want to puke. All these [censored] nits trying to steal pots make me hate B&M poker so much. He had the best hand, he turned it over, cards speak, go kill yourself greedy bastard.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
friendly semipro player who told the guy to turn his cards over should have kept his mouth shut

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me want to puke. All these [censored] nits trying to steal pots make me hate B&M poker so much. He had the best hand, he turned it over, cards speak, go kill yourself greedy bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]
whose trying to steal pots?
i just said the guy should keep quiet
if the dealer or i see the cards, the guy wins.
if hes trying to muck them and some guy stops him, id be angry, but im sure youd be happy.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:40 PM

Had a slightly similar incident happen playing 3/6 at a local (Seattle area) cardroom last weekend:

Hand was down to heads up with me and a guy that looked like Dr. Drew from Love Line, who was on the button. About $130 in the pot I had Q5o in the BB (although I thought I had Q6o...) board was Q6Q2K.

On the river I bet. He must not have been paying attention and says "Check". ...pause... I look at him puzzled and tell him that I lead out (with the bet in front of me). The dealer (as well as several players) say something to him about him needing to call or raise, then he just tables his cards showing Q10o.

I look at him and say "Not sure why you folded..." and show my hand (and was shocked to find that I didn't actually have the boat and that he had me out kicked). He says "What?!?" and starts to get flustered (and then says "oh, there was a bet?" and starts to reach for chips).

I call for a ruling which of course is that his hand is dead, while he keeps saying that he didn't "hear" the bet, even though it was right in front of me.

Before things get too heated I say that I'll give him a break this time and chop the pot with him, which earned me much accolades as a gentleman poker player.

The incident was particlularly humorous to me because this guy had been lecturing a drunk maniac (on my left) earlier about tabling his winning hands by tossing them across the table and allowing them to hit the muck and how you had to be careful about every move that you make at the table.