Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: i think i really suck on the button...help.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am trying to prnt screen on my laptop and its not working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

its a blue print thing that says "prnt screen" on my "insert" button next tothe "delete key"
. the Fn button makes the blue things work so i hit FN+prnt screen and absolutely nothing happens.

i want to paste a copy of this screen here.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

i told u how...now get it on here so i can feel smart [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...;o=14&vc=1
Old 08-21-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ive found that i offically blow all goats on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

All but one, maybe.

2nd
Old 08-21-2005, 09:44 AM

Your cold call preflop from the button is way too high. I don't know what a good figure is, but 1% is nuts.

That said, I think mostly what we are seeing is just variance. Over 10k hands, a 200BB swing makes the difference between the 0.1BB per hand you are winning and the 0.12 BB per hand you would probably like to be winning. With a typical SD of 18BB per hundred hands, you will have a SD of 180BB over 10k hands, since these things are proportional to the square root. So you are only 1SD off from where you "should" be.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:59 AM

I saw a 100/200 hand you played on the button (I think) on Pokerstars. UTG raise, MP call, you called with 22. I am not sure this is a + EV play here. You actually scooped a nice pot when a 2 flopped [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Position stat page...

How much if any do you think you can attribute to more aggressive blindstealing at this level. By this I mean what effect do you think CO and hijack taking the initiative away from you while stealing blinds with less than premium hands has on your results?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:21 PM

Your button stats look OK to me. I think it's just routine variance.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Default More position stats for comparison and analysis

Here's my numbers filtered also for 7-10 handed. The funny thing is you mentioned your blind play being a bit worse and our blind numbers for the 30-60 game are exactly the same, go figure. But as you can see my bb/100 by position don't have nearly the "flow" that yours have. Given the relatively small samples, this may not really mean much. I'm also much tighter in very early position in the 30 game yet looser in late position than yourself.

I posted the stats from 2004 that are all from the 15-30 game. Seems to be pretty big difference in some of the play which I had never really looked at until now. The 2005 databse on top is only my 30-60 hands (99% of which are from after the 30 game expansion), the 2004 database is on the bottom.

-ActionBob

Old 08-21-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your cold call preflop from the button is way too high. I don't know what a good figure is, but 1% is nuts.

That said, I think mostly what we are seeing is just variance. Over 10k hands, a 200BB swing makes the difference between the 0.1BB per hand you are winning and the 0.12 BB per hand you would probably like to be winning. With a typical SD of 18BB per hundred hands, you will have a SD of 180BB over 10k hands, since these things are proportional to the square root. So you are only 1SD off from where you "should" be.

[/ QUOTE ]

my st.dev is 15.3840bb/100

-Barron
Old 08-21-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: More position stats for comparison and analysis

Your W$SF is quite low, yet your WR is phenomenal. What aspects of one's play would be likely to cause this to occur?

I feel like there is something to be learned here, but I can't figure out what that is. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Nigel
Old 08-21-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: More position stats for comparison and analysis

[ QUOTE ]
Your W$SF is quite low, yet your WR is phenomenal. What aspects of one's play would be likely to cause this to occur?

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this too. Please teach me how to play!