Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Check my line here from BB

preflop and flop are good

turn is thin you have 12outs to a straight or better, but the straight is 1card, and 2of the outs can make a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]flush possible, in reality your hand is probably closer to 10outs than 12 .. I don't bet the turn
Old 03-04-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude you didnt' seriously just say fold a 2nd nut flush draw did you? on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. right or wrong, they tell us n00bs to post more.

can someone go over the thinking on why one would bet out on this? is it pot equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, sorry if I was harsh, but I find that's the quickest way to learn here. Yes, as someone expounded your equity is high enough to put bets in on the flop. FWIW though I don't 3-bet the flop.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude you didnt' seriously just say fold a 2nd nut flush draw did you? on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what. I'm retarded. I just started to explain the math to my buddy and realized about 5 minutes too late that you're not 4:1 to make it by the river...

Note to self: Hold'em has a "river" - betting does not end on the turn.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn is thin you have 12outs to a straight or better, but the straight is 1card, and 2of the outs can make a flush possible, in reality your hand is probably closer to 10outs than 12 .. I don't bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible. The fact that they may put you off the flush draw when they do hit is worth it, not only are you looking at a ton of outs.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:49 PM

sorry ddue i don't mean to rail you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if you arent quite sure how to play it just read what other people write to do and learn from it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i was new once too and was a total tard about this stuff, you reading any books?
Old 03-04-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turn is thin you have 12outs to a straight or better, but the straight is 1card, and 2of the outs can make a flush possible, in reality your hand is probably closer to 10outs than 12 .. I don't bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible. The fact that they may put you off the flush draw when they do hit is worth it, not only are you looking at a ton of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if you have all 12 outs(you Q,3outs are non-existant) you are a 2.83/1 underdog to hit with 3 opponents if they all come along it might be for value, another Q will be out there a fair amount of the time, 1 of the 3 opponents will often fold on the turn .. a bet here has very little chance of taking down the pot, and you need to hit to win

maybe it is wrong, but it definetly shows why position is so important in HE .. if you were in LP you could check safely behind here and see the river for free a lot of the time
Old 03-04-2005, 05:58 PM

any other card but a T and i would have checked there and the position is terrible which is why i hate the BB/SB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i still say i have to bet if there is a chance for a backdoor flush here i need to charge them i can't give a free card. if a spade other than 9 or A comes i can easily fold it and if those come i either get paid off or i lose to a guy playing a hand he probably shoudln't have been drawing with.

either way i think its an easy turn bet.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:00 PM

Bizot: I trust you were addressing me.

I just finished SSH and have read ITH. My problem is I still can't seem to get my brain around when to use things like equity and when, exactly, I need to be thinking about it vs. pot odds, etc. I assume it'll come with time (been playing on-line for about 3 months now).

As far as posting is concerned. Actually, this thread makes me want to post more. This is one of those examples where getting flamed is actually extremely helpful and will hopefully help someone else in my position.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry ddue i don't mean to rail you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if you arent quite sure how to play it just read what other people write to do and learn from it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i was new once too and was a total tard about this stuff, you reading any books?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your attempt at trying to be funny?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your attempt at trying to be funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was responding to the other guy (fluxrad), even though he clicked reply to you.

Rob