Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: EPT Dublin Summary (Decently long)

Thanks for the post! Now that you got thru your first major live event, I'm sure that your next one will be alot smoother!

Good job!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:18 PM

Thanks so much for posting this, Ray. It sounds like you played really well, congratulations on the big win. I'm sure we'll see some more of these from you in the near future....
Old 10-31-2005, 03:28 PM

Very nice showing Ray.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think you made a mistake on the QTs straight hand, either that or misread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh, yea i'm fixing it now. I had a straight.

edit: Doh, too late to edit it. the T is supposed to be an A. So the guy checked top pair w/ 4 guys still in, and then checked two 2 pair. And man am i happy he did.

[/ QUOTE ]
I edited the hand for you.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:54 PM

Assuming he didn't have QQ.... what do you think of a stop and go with your hand on the last hand??? You have the perfect stack and might get him to fold a better hand if he had a medium pair or a bigger ace??? since you'd still have like 35K left right? By reraising he will call with any two and you said you prob don't have the best hand. You could get him to fold a medium pocket (on the right flop) and maybe even QQ if a K comes. Or if he has like AJ and unders come? Let me know if you think that would be a better play, and if not why?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:45 PM

Congratulations exit. Thanks for the post too, very well done.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming he didn't have QQ.... what do you think of a stop and go with your hand on the last hand??? You have the perfect stack and might get him to fold a better hand if he had a medium pair or a bigger ace??? since you'd still have like 35K left right? By reraising he will call with any two and you said you prob don't have the best hand. You could get him to fold a medium pocket (on the right flop) and maybe even QQ if a K comes. Or if he has like AJ and unders come? Let me know if you think that would be a better play, and if not why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a stop-n-go here would be slightly better than a push. Good point.

Now i'm glad that he had QQ. Because if there was a chance icould have won this hand, i'd be kinda upset now.

I dunno why id idnt consider it at the time, but i definitely think a stop and go is good here.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:31 PM

what was your image at the table??? It seemed like you got a lot of action for playing what seemed like only premium hands? Was there a lot of action for you because of those crazy swedes raising every pot? Or that crazy green hair help you out or what you think? To think I always thought you looked like your logo.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:00 PM

Great job. My nit-picky comments:

[ QUOTE ]

55 in SB. UTG+1 raises to 300, folds to me, I call.
Flop A86 two hearts, check, check.
Turn 5h, check, check
River 9s, bet 500, fold. He shows JJ, I show a 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn. He'll fold a lot of hands that are drawing live and will try to check it down on the river, and he'll call with a few hands that are drawing dead or to an obvious flush.

[ QUOTE ]

QQ in MP. UTG (smart aggro guy) makes it 325, I call, BB calls.
563r UTG bets 800, i make it 2000, he calls.
turn 2, he checks, i check (!!!!)
River 6, he bets 2500, i call. He shows 67s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you were talking about the call preflop as well as the turn check here. I think you should reraise preflop against an aggro to isolate/pick up the pot/get money in with a great hand.

[ QUOTE ]

33 in the BB. There is no SB. Aggro raises to 600, I call.
345 all spades, I lead for 600, he calls.
Turn Td, I bet 1100, he calls.
River As, Check, check, he mucks

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet more both streets. I think your bet amounts should be based on the texture of the board more than anything else, and here the board is a monotone 345.

[ QUOTE ]

AJc on button. Euro-pro opens from CO for 900. I make it 2500, SB asks for a chipcount from me, then folds, BB folds, Europro calls.
K62 two spades. Pro checks, I bet 3000. "You have 3 kings?" I smirk and look away because i'm nervous and i'm a internet donkey. "Yea you

have 3 kings" and folds. SB then says that he had AQ of spades, Phew.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand made me laugh. Do you think he actually checked AQs? You need a pretty tight image for that.

[ QUOTE ]

AA in CO. Aggro A raises to 1200, i make it 3000, he calls.
A79, he checks i bet 3500, he makes it 8500 and i call.
Turn 6, check check
River 9, check, i bet 5000, he thinks for another 7 minutes or so, gets time called again, and makes the call. Sees my AA, and shows an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check behind on this flop. I know it looks suspicious, but you've got a tight image, and if he's been paying attention, he's seen you check behind a lot. More importantly, you've got the board absolutely crippled and he's unlikely to have a draw here. With your line, you can really only get paid off by the case ace, a lower set, or a stubborn PP.

[ QUOTE ]

J4o in BB. SB open completes this time. I check. flop comes ragged, then the river makes the board J high. Thats when he decides to bet at

the pot, i have him slightly covered, i push, he folds, phew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call river bet?

You played really well and definitely deserve the score. Hope to see another one of these soon.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:03 PM

I'm so jealous
I love the internet donkey moments (though i would probally be doing the exact same lol.)

Hopefully this will turn around your PCA sat luck and i hope i will see you there (I'm going to die if i don't make it, it's like my WSOP)
btw: whats with the hair? Normally green or died for Ireland?