Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: AQs - the s is for sucks

[ QUOTE ]
if you're going to play after this flop you have to raise to clean up your 6 overcard outs. i don't think this is negotiable.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding AK from UTG+1 would be good if that's what he has. other than that, what are we cleaning up? the paired board has some nice features for us here.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're going to play after this flop you have to raise to clean up your 6 overcard outs. i don't think this is negotiable.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are we hoping to fold out?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are we hoping to fold out?

[/ QUOTE ]

wait - we have a kicker - oops [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

disregard my message
Old 05-20-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After the river raise it seems you must be up against a KT in the BB and maybe AA from UTG+1 from the way it played out is my guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct! BB shows KTo and MHING. I figured after his surprise 3-bet on the turn he had at least a T, so I didn't 3-bet incase he hit a boat with K2/KT.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

folding AK from UTG+1 would be good if that's what he has. other than that, what are we cleaning up? the paired board has some nice features for us here.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying that we win this pot against 6 people as often as against 3? if so don't raise and just call, but with 1.5x2 overcard outs and a backdoor flush draw, for a total of 4.5 outs, our hand isn't very juicy.

we're pretty much drawing dead to anyone with a ten
Old 05-20-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK seems like a pretty likely holding for him to me (at this point in the hand). I'd like to see him fold his over-pairs too. CO could easily be betting with nothing after it is checked to him.

edit: AQ would be good to see him fold too.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying that we win this pot against 6 people as often as against 3? if so don't raise and just call, but with 1.5x2 overcard outs and a backdoor flush draw, for a total of 4.5 outs, our hand isn't very juicy.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a total of 4.5 outs, putting two bets on this flop with the chance of being 3-betted doesn't sound that appealing to me as well.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:52 PM

After that flop raise with no reads on anyone at the table I'm just calling down to the river as my hearts come as cheaply as possible. There may be a monster lurking but you cant trash that hand without very hard evidence.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With a total of 4.5 outs, putting two bets on this flop with the chance of being 3-betted doesn't sound that appealing to me as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you'd call this flop with 4 still behind us (and the PF raiser)?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but you'd call this flop with 4 still behind us (and the PF raiser)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it's a gamble but don't always have to play raise or fold when there's a bet in front of you. Since we've established that raising doesn't really clear up any overcard outs, how does raising really increase our chances of winning?