Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

The potential profit is what the whole program is made around. When I finish up all the technical stuff, im going to write a file that will explain everything.

But in a nutshell: The potential profit looks at your card and the board, then based on the strength of your hand and the number of opponents you are against, and the amount that was bet, determines how much you will win on average by playing that hand a certain way.

For example, if you have the nuts, then 100% of what goes in to the pot counts as potential profit. As the strength of your hand goes down, so does the amount you "earn" in potential profit. So basically, if you put your money into the pot with good hands, you will get a high potential profit, regardless of whether or not you win the pot. If you put your money into the pot with bad cards, your potential profit will negative.

The "Report Card" section of the website also uses these numbers, for example checking to see what strength of hand you raise with on the river. If you are raising with bad hands on the river, it probably isn't a good play, and the report card will mark you as such.

The main reason I created it was because after having bad runs, I wanted a little extra confidence that it really was bad cards. Pokergrader doesn't actually look at the outcome of the hand to determine anything in the report card (other than your bluffing) or anything in the potential profit graph, it is only based on how good your hand is when you put money into the pot. So as a general rule, no matter what your profit graph looks like, your potential profit graph should be a pretty linear graph going up if you are a winning poker player.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:24 AM

Well, after dropping 110BB in the last 24 hours while 4-tabling, the site gives me an A. Cold comfort, I guess.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:04 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

I'm having trouble understanding what those percentages mean next to bet, raised, call, check, etc.

Cool program though.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:24 AM

I just added the answer to the faq, thanks for the question:

The numbers themselves stand for what percentage of hands you are beating. If the number is 100%, you are beating all hands and therefore have the nuts. To figure out this number, just count the number of hands that are beating you and divide it by the number of available hands left. Then subtract that number from 100%. Pokergrader goes a little beyond this by weighing hands that are more likely played more than hands that are not likely to be played, but estimating using this method will be close to what pokergrader calculates.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:56 AM

"Your hand history is currently processing. Try refreshing this page in a few seconds."

How long does this usually take?

I uploaded 1700 hands.
It's been giving me that message for about 30 minutes.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Your hand history is currently processing. Try refreshing this page in a few seconds."

I uploaded 1700 hands.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I'll look into this, thank you for reporting it.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it support HHs exported from Pokertracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never seen this particular format before, but if anybody wants to send me a pokertracker HH file I could try to add in pokertracker support to the parser. You could either post it here or email it to pokergrader@gmail.com

[ QUOTE ]

Are you saving the imported Hand Histories as a form of datamining?

Not being combative, I am just wondering if you are keeping and storing the HH that people are importing into the site?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about putting up a privacy policy but decided not to since I didn't think anybody would care, but ill throw it into the FAQ. All uploaded hand histories are deleted in a maximum of 12 hours from when they were uploaded, and the output pages stay active for at least 12 but not more than 24 hours after they are processed.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I uploaded 1700 hands.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this problem has been solved. I just ran a test with over 2500 hands and it worked fine.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 PM

It would be really awesome if you could set this up so that hands exported from PT would work. PM me if you still need some to test.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:25 PM

Are you saving the imported Hand Histories as a form of datamining?

Not being combative, I am just wondering if you are keeping and storing the HH that people are importing into the site?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:09 AM

Does it support HHs exported from Pokertracker?