Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: How to play a LAG

Isn't it possible that at a .01/.02 table everyone tends to be LAG and reads will be obsfucated because of that?
I never played .01/.02. I started at the free tables and then made the leap to .05/.10. From there I went to .1/.2, and I actually made only about $10. between the two levels over perhaps 1k hands.

I then went to .25/.5 and started making some real bucks - a few hundred over about 5K hands. I'm not sure why I did better at .25/.5, but maybe it was because it was easier to put other players on hands and to get more respect for my bets and raises. However, as a rank novice at the time and not highly cognizant of many of the finer points of poker, I can't confidently predicate what happened.

=TomBk
Old 02-25-2005, 11:38 AM

Amazingly enough, I only find about 30% of them to be LAGs, but the one last night, if there was such a thing as a LAG factor, like a scale from 1-somewhat of a LAG, to 100-complete LAG, this one would have ranked about 10000.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:54 AM

I don't just sit around waiting for the best hands. If he's raising every hand he's raising with junk more often than not. I check-call him to death with my more marginal hands and really crucify him with my big hands.

Oh, and I use him as much as possible to protect my hands against others. They are good for that too because you can always rely on them for a raise or reraise. Best situation is 1 or 2 LAGs and the rest are LP. They scoop from the passives (as do you) and then transfer it to you. haha.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 PM

Where is there a .01/.02 game?

Anyways...

In these nano-limits, all your strategies go out the window with the exception of very tight play. No one is going to respect a check-raise for example. I started at .02/.04 and it was very frustrating to play against these people. You can win, but you will suffer lots of draw outs which suck. It makes you want to turn the poker game off. Since you normally play at .25/.50, you probably see the difference in the two games. People who play 10/20 or higher probably see a huge difference between .25/.50 and 10/20 and would think that people in .25/.50 playing a SSHE game are always drawing out since SSHE is much looser IMO then how 10/20 is.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:12 PM

How to play a LAG

Get position on him and isolate with decent holdings. Isolate with more marginal holdings if/when the table will allow you to.

Rob
Old 02-25-2005, 12:15 PM

UB has .01/.02 games.

I know what you're saying about how loose the games are at that level, but I was re-tooling some things and I liked to go down a level to do that. At UB, it goes from .01/.02 to .25/.50, there's no in between.

The looseness is one of the reasons I didn't stay at that level for too long. Talk about learning some bad habits. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 12:18 PM

By position, you mean be as close to his right as possible?

Okay, so with good hands, raise to isolate, and with marginal, isolate, but I should be more careful like performing more check/calls?