Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: So I have a slight problem (that isn\'t buckeye related)

Jim Tressel is an idiot. That's all.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had reason to believe that this post was a reply to the post I made on another thread.

I also do not like the attacks I am recieveing from a select group of members on this board.

I simply stated my opinion, and got jumped. Do you not agree with what I am saying? If not, cool, but I bet alot of others agree and will not speak up simply because of people like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply stated my opinion. In your other thread you appear to have seen the light (my usual water-cooler retort). I will agree with you that it probably isn't as much fun when you don't know the cast of characters. If you have the ever popular stickoutoftheassectomy you should come to Vegas next time there's a get together and you'll find all of this much more enjoyable.

Short of that, you can put me on ignore, because I pledge to not post more than one strategy-related post a week.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:43 AM

I could sit here and argue with you all night, becasue frankly, I am in an arguing mood. Just the fact that you think this is a social get together makes me laugh out loud. You don't own this forum, you are not a mod, and therefore you have no reason to talk down to me, like you have done tonight. If you want to feel superior, sorry to tell you, but me and you are equals on this forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Short of that, you can put me on ignore, because I pledge to not post more than one strategy-related post a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you only make 1 or 2 posts max per week, this statement should be laughed at, since this forum is (weather you like it or not) a poker-related forum.

As I have stated earlier, if you want to make a buch of friends and tell them about how your life is going, then please join another forum (there are thousands and I can help you find one if you'd like).

I am not trying to be a boring strict poker only poster. There are times when some OT posts are suitable, in fact some are needed to spice up the forum. But when I see 4 or 5 a day (or more), that most people here have no intrest in, I get sad.

Since when did posts have to be off topic to be fun and sociable?
Old 09-11-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could sit here and argue with you all night, becasue frankly, I am in an arguing mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory you could. I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:52 AM

I don't think that I have spoken down to you. I have tried to explain the reason for this phenomenon. I even sympathized with why you may feel like an outsider and gave you an option as to how to get to know everyone better.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These social posts are appearing far more often that they should.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reged: 08/12/05

[/ QUOTE ]

I took some offence to this, simply becasue the number of posts shouldn't matter. In fact, you did this twice, proving to me that you felt superior, and wanted to somehow rub it in. If I might add, I find that many of the posters on this forum are the same, so you are not alone.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:00 AM

Hi,
I'm on the fence on this particular issue -- i.e. I wouldn't have made a post replying to another post which I didn't care to read in the first place... but I'm not a big fan of blatantly off-topic "look what I bought/look at how much I won" posts either. So whatever. But I DO find it very humorous how people on this board jump all over newbies with legitimate poker related questions, yet when someone makes a (fairly benign) reply to a blatant content-less post with zero value to this forum, people jump down your throat because everyone "knows" him.

Anyway, like I said I don't really care who's right or who's wrong on this one. And I doubt these are all the same people who jump all over newbies. Just the double standard in general is humorous (I never see anyone defending the new posters).
Old 09-11-2005, 03:25 AM

Oh yeah?!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Keira and I are both sticking our tongue out at you...neener neener! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 09-11-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah?!

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Keira and I are both sticking our tongue out at you...neener neener! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

It is so unfair that girls this beautiful exist that I will never have the chance to talk to.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:28 AM

Smith f'ed up real bad on the final series, of course. An interception is just as bad as a safety there Troy, throw the freakin ball.

Zwick has an inexplicable reputation for being "the smart one", but that's either because he's so obviously not the talented one and/or because he's white. He's Tim Couch mk.II to me, and I hate him. Not as much as Tressel, though, who is a horrible in-game coach who is riding that National Championship afterglow pretty hard. Ginn is one of the most dangerous openfield runners in the country, give him the goddamn football.

As to Poker, I accidentally played a limit HE SNG a little bit ago, and man was I out of place. I played it pretty much like a ring game and somehow miracled a 3rd place. What's the theory on these?
Actually, instead of a low/high limit split, wouldn't it make more sense to do a "9 or 10 man NLHE SNG" and a "Every other kind" split forum? It seems Omaha and Stud SNGs are decently popular, at least at the low limits.