Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Flop action then the turn card...

This is an absolute must check-raise. You need to clean up your J and T outs, in addition to getting running flush draw hands out or higher straight hands like KJ out. Even if such weak players to call 2 cold we can define their hands further and we have plenty of outs to better them.

My roomate goes to call and I scream, "check-raise", he does. The EP players fold, the maniac three bets, we call.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Your action?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Flop action then the turn card...

bet/3-bet. Maniac might check w/out a piece of the board, and w/a piece of the board, will likely raise.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:15 PM

Bet, raise, three-bet, cap.

There are a lot of ways for the maniac to have a "piece" of this board so I just lead out.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:18 PM

You said he slows down on the big streets. That's a pretty scary card, even for a maniac. Will he auto-raise if we bet? I like bet/3-betting, but I think check-raising guarantees us 2BB on the turn. The maniac is surely betting this turn, but not as surely raising it.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:22 PM

gas
Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 PM

Default The turn line and river card.

[ QUOTE ]
You said he slows down on the big streets. That's a pretty scary card, even for a maniac. Will he auto-raise if we bet? I like bet/3-betting, but I think check-raising guarantees us 2BB on the turn. The maniac is surely betting this turn, but not as surely raising it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this street was very interesting as well. He may not auto raise but is surely caling with any K or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He is still a manaic and they are definately betting any turn Heads-up and likely can't fold until the river.

My roomate goes to bet, and I say, "no check, then raise" he does. The maniac three-bets...

What do think the maniac has now that he has show some serious turn aggression for once?

We cap, he calls.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] making the board

(Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Your action?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: The turn line and river card.

I'm hoping he had a set or another JT without a club on the turn. That's an awful river card. I don't think you can Clarkmeister a maniac can you? I say check-call.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this street was very interesting as well. He may not auto raise but is surely caling with any K or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He is still a manaic and they are definately betting any turn Heads-up and likely can't fold until the river.

My roomate goes to bet, and I say, "no check, then raise" he does. The maniac three-bets...

What do think the maniac has now that he has show some serious turn aggression for once?

We cap, he calls.

(Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Your action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say, no SCREAM, [censored] and then bet/fold.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We cap, he calls.

Your action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say, no SCREAM, [censored] and then bet/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate bet-folding against this sort of player. I think it's a fairly easy check-call and I expect to be good fairly often.

Rob
Old 07-18-2005, 04:02 PM

Against a sane opponent I would lead out knowing the villian would have to fold a wide range of hands. Against this guy I think a check call is in order because you have a hand that will win its fair share against this guy who could still be betting a Kx no club hand, two pair no club hand, or a set on the river. Like I said above a bet/fold is probably the best option against most players, but folding to a raise from this guy would really suck so I say show this down as cheaply as possible and expect to win more than 1 in 18.