Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond

FWIW, I like the play a lot given the info at hand.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:08 AM

Villain could interpret your turn bet as;

a)a bluff
b)a made hand which your leaving room to get away fromon the river
c)a made hand which your committed to

Your turn & river combo means
(a) is still possible
(b) kinda ruled out
(c) opponent may be doubtful(see below)

Do you think villain folds AK/AA if you lead the turn for ~ 300K?
Obviously the answer is no,or you would have bet this on the turn, but this leaves your turn & river combo looking a little suspicious.

With the hands you are meant to be value betting this river with (I suppose KK/6x) you would love AA/AK to be facing 16:5 rather than 15:6.

I don’t know your opponent, but a good player might see that your turn bet was engineering the betting so that if you are called you could still fold out AK on the river.
I guess this line of thinking hinges on whether your opponent thinks that you would have thought a 300K bet could fold out AA/AK, but I think most wouldn’t expect these hands to fold for that amount.

Then again I could be just talking *%$!.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 AM

You open-limped? and were raised pre-flop? And her raise was to about 10% of her stack? The blinds were 20k/40k? That information would be helpful.

I don't like the flop call- she raised pre-flop and bets out. Raise to find out where you're at or fold.

Then you bet the turn when she's likely to know that a 2 didn't help anybody. And she flat calls which can be a sign of strength, especially from a good player. Likewise, on the river, another card that isn't likely to help anyone and now you push? I don't know how much you had her covered by so I don't know whether to recommend a check or a smaller bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:54 AM

Good job bluffing off 1 million in chips. The river bet is completely pointless, She has put in half her stack and I'd say she has AK, KK, AA, and she is calling you 100% of the time. She reraised preflop, bet the flop, called the turn, do you really think she is folding the river? I concede the pot after the turn and move onto the next hand.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:27 AM

pretty much the same line as your mirage hand where you make AK fold, with similar thought process and everything right?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Side Note: I had never been caught bluffing by anyone at the table, and JJ had consistently shown that she respected my raises, she knew I was out of line alot preflop, but postflop, she never saw anything from me that could be construed as "way out of line."

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone respect Gigabet's raises? Is she a professional? Does she know whoGigabet is?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 PM

Why not, don't you respect your opponent when you are 25 left out of 550 in a $15,000 tourney?

How did Gigabet buy-in in this tourney? Online satelite or he paid it or ... ? Anyone knows?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:12 PM

You said in a reply in the STTF forum:
[ QUOTE ]
if there were any type of action that threatened her stack, she never showed worse than TPTK, and that is when the opposing player gave up, whenever the pressure continued, she wouldn't even call.

[/ QUOTE ]

but before that you said
[ QUOTE ]
when I was thinking about the size of my bet on the turn, I really wanted to make a bet that tested her stack, yet, wasn't impossible to call, with the idea that my continuation bet on the river was a natural conclusion to representing the near nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time I read it I thought "Well your turn bet threatened her stack, and she called, so why continue on? The second time around though I realized you said she folded when the pressure continued, which makes your river bet imperative given the read.

I like Irie's suggestion. Check-raising the flop and leading the turn allows you to test her stack and pour on the pressure earlier, thus saving you a fair number of chips. She's not going to call a turn bet with a hand that she'd fold on the river, so why not give it a shot there?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:16 PM

All,

One thing there hasn't been much comment on is her play. I think her flop bet was really key to this hand and was great.

If she bets pot-ish here, Giga may well just be done with the hand.

If she checks behind, the stacks make it awkward for Giga to make a real serious play for this pot without taking an absurd risk. Maybe he takes a turn stab, but I don't see how she ends up stacking him.

I think her line, especially given the image she had, was really great. Perhaps she too was setting the stage for a play.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think her line, especially given the image she had, was really great. Perhaps she too was setting the stage for a play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I was thinking about this as well. I think if she checks behind on the flop, it looks like she has a showdown hand that is looking to get to showdown cheap or a monster. Either way, it is difficult for Gig to bluff in that situation. If she bets too big, it may look like she is committed tothe hand and again it would be too expensive for Gig to play back at.

I love her smallish flop size bet. It looks like it could very easily be a tester bet to see if her hand is good and obviously gives Gigabet an opportunity to play back at her.