Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Another funky limp re-raise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not the type of player to try this against IMO. You're read is that he's loose aggressive and loves to chase, it would seem you would prefer someone who is tight passive and loves to fold. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is completely right, you've isolated a stupid LAG here, your making moves where you should be playing ABC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well preflop was meant to just take it down, not to 'isolate the LAG'. Are you saying that is just a bad plan in general? I could certainly buy that. But the plan was NOT to isolate anybody (except perhaps the preflop raiser, who I doubted had a big hand and would most likely c/f most flops). If you're not saying my plan was boneheaded to start with, are you saying I should just be checking and folding postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-fold post flop, definitely.

Your plan, well, taking this down pre or post-flop against SB is a fair plan if your read is strong enough, however, with the donk still in the hand i'm not sure this is a brilliant plan pre-flop.

If you was planning to isolate the donk and the stacks were deep, I like this play.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM

After he calls the flop, you're done with the hand against this type of player.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After he calls the flop, you're done with the hand against this type of player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Blah, that's what I was afraid of. Even though c/c flop, check turn, severely underbet river, is just about the weakest possible line that anyone can ever possibly take, no one sees enough folding equity to shove it in here on the river...
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 AM

didn't we just exchange pms about you playing your "A" game, then break down in discipline?... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
no one sees enough folding equity to shove it in here on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2005, 12:19 AM

weren't those private messages? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Just kidding. I thought this WAS my A game, honestly. Perhaps I should keep this move for deeper stacks, though. Tomorrow, I'll post results and explain my reasoning and we'll see if I can sway anyone to thinking that it is at least somewhat reasonable thinking that led me to this horrible situation.
[ QUOTE ]
didn't we just exchange pms about you playing your "A" game, then break down in discipline?... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
no one sees enough folding equity to shove it in here on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this WAS my A game, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

May i suggest [ QUOTE ]
Loc: Coaching/Tutoring - refer to m...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha =)

[ QUOTE ]
weren't those private messages?

[/ QUOTE ]

aww, relax, i didn't submit the picture of your wild night w/ 2 male strippers [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 12:23 AM

TWP,

You are too good and the opponents too bad to be trying something like this. I just plain don't see a need for this type of play here. SB's cold-call of the initial raise and then the call or your LRR should scare the hell out of you, first of all. Second, take the free card to try to hit your gutshot on the turn. Third, there is no way you are folding out any hands here except a missed flush draw, but no missed flush draw makes that bet. Ugly all around.

Keep it simple in these games. Save these types of moves for 2p2 games.

-T
Old 07-12-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this WAS my A game, honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying you're going to jump in line to play against a guy who you know is capable of playing a hand the way I played this hand? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

May i suggest [ QUOTE ]
Loc: Coaching/Tutoring - refer to m...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course! After all, you have the power of BK_ behind you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
weren't those private messages?

[/ QUOTE ]

aww, relax, i didn't submit the picture of your wild night w/ 2 male strippers [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
At least I was on my A game there for sure.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying you're going to jump in line to play against a guy who you know is capable of playing a hand the way I played this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, my plan is to pick up 7high (or better! :gasp and push on you - sounds good?

[ QUOTE ]
Of course! After all, you have the power of BK_ behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

thinking about that for more then a second, i get a real gross image in my mind.

~

BK is gold tho

[ QUOTE ]
At least I was on my A game there for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope you shocked us all and called, and 6high took down a monster

edit: he had 43 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] right
?
Old 07-12-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TWP,

You are too good and the opponents too bad to be trying something like this. I just plain don't see a need for this type of play here. ...

Keep it simple in these games. Save these types of moves for 2p2 games.

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this. I don't limp-reraise at all (I play 6-max), but I don't think a bluff limp-reraise is a great idea at low stakes unless you're targetting a specific player that you know to be solid. If your .5/1 table is full of bad players, as most will be, there's no need to pull moves like this. If your table is full of good players, just switch.