Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Question about a Stud situation.

[ QUOTE ]
I would be mmore inclined to respond to your question if you did not insult other people by using derogatory adjectaives like donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't get all offended just because you are a donkey. The term donkey is standard poker terminology, and it's far less offensive than many of the things that are said at the poker table.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:26 AM

My default play is to raise on third. I think people are more inclined to call early raises than late ones, and this is your best opportunity to build yourself a pot. Also, by building the pot early, you tie people on, so that they'll be more inclined to call those big raises if someone else happens to make something along with you.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:21 PM

Come on already.Tell us the results.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A majority of the posts on this site call people donkeys, why respond to this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he's a donkey?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:50 PM

iamastud,

I can't help thinking you're probably kicking yourself for having made those comments. I hope you're also laughing at it.

In that vain and I suppose so everybody knows where I sit, please allow me to add:

- I've been using 'Villain'. I think I picked up the term on this board. When I use the term villain, all I mean is: Who gives a hoot about his/her family if indeed such a loathesome creature might even have one? And if we must bring them up, I have no doubt the father is a tight, miserable bastard and the mother's on-going aggressive advances can only be described as maniacal. The sisters are loose hussies who chase anything and the boys in the family are passive dolts. They've got it coming.

- As to calling them names, and as pointed out previously, calling them names is a real no-no. Indeed, when the Villain's promising pair of 3's does not pan out and my on-board quads scoop, pointing out that the Villain is a donkey is unnecessary and could later result in some loss of BBs. In this situation, even though there may be a moral injunction to point out the Villain's stupidity to the world, it is usually best to commiserate. It is even more difficult to refrain from name calling when the Villain's rainbow 268 transforms into a straight flush and beats your made hand to steal a monster pot. However, even here I agree with you. Still with a mind to maximize BBs, it is again best to compliment the Villain's astute, clairvoyant play. You could very well be put out by my hypocritical behavior. In defense, I can only say that I shudder at the thought of behaving in any manner that might increase the Villain's EV and the ill use those same gains might be put to.

- My own responses to specific hand situations might very well be different if I were to consider villai...umm...my poker playing teammates as you do. Slow-playing rolled As is all fine and dandy and sly but could you do so in all good conscience knowing that some pot-builder's close ones' characters might be impunged? Indeed, being a rather ethical kind myself, as a matter of principle and wanting to do my bit, I might want to fold all buried medium pairs to those from 3rd World economies. Maybe even, we could all cut some slack to those from recently traumatized areas such as New Orleans.

Cheers,